German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup is 1 month old. People saying me not to give him milk. But still I am him a litl bit of milk with biscuits or with royal canin. He is on royal canin diet. . Kindly tell me tht what quantity of royal canin I need to give him and how I am confused about it. Kindly reply

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i would feed the Royal Canin 3 times a day. one cup in the
moring, one cup around noon and another cup in the evening.
i would also add some fresh meat, fish and chicken (cooked).

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Hi Terror,

I moved your post to this section because a one month old pup should still be with the mother and nursing from her, with perhaps a start of supplemental feedings.

I have no experience with pups this young, so don't really know what to recommend. For now, the royal canin will be fine, softened with water. For milk, check with your vet to see if they have puppy formula, or milk replacer. Do not give Cow's milk, but if you have access to goat's milk, that is okay. Goat's milk is easier for a puppy that age to digest, and some people say that dogs should never get cow's milk.

Where are you located? How did you come about getting a pup that is this young? Puppies should stay with their mother and litter mates until they are 8 weeks old for proper development. Hope your little guys makes it okay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts