German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go to Columbia to pick up some boots that had been resoled at the factory. That gave me an excuse to go to Pets INC where my dearest Jolene came from 6 years ago. I looked at the wall of photos and saw Loki and asked to walk him. His owner died so luckily he ended up there instead of a kill shelter. He's a big boy, and pulled pretty hard on lead. So out to the large walk area we went. He peed ( squatted ) and left a lake. Did some more walking so, I wanted to see if he knew German. Sitz and platz. Nothing...... Sit... sat right there, down, did the down. All during the walk he never looked at me. I petted him and gave him ear rubs, chin rubs, but he would not look at me. I expected that. He saw one of the female volunteers and went over to her and barked at her with a loud deep bark, with tail wagging. Here is his picture. Weather was NOT good so I didn't walk him a very long time.

| PETS Inc. |

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Wow, stunning dog :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
He is beautiful and must be so confused, poor boy. Hope someone takes him home.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I did an evaluation of Loki a couple of weeks ago and he is a great dog, but has been returned several times because the adopters didn't know how to control him at home as far as him feeling as if it's up to him to decide who can come in the home or not when guest come over. The last woman who adopted him said that he kept lunging at others who walked by when they were out. So yes he is a nice dog, but the next adopter needs to work with a trainer who can help them.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I did an evaluation of Loki a couple of weeks ago and he is a great dog, but has been returned several times because the adopters didn't know how to control him at home as far as him feeling as if it's up to him to decide who can come in the home or not when guest come over. The last woman who adopted him said that he kept lunging at others who walked by when they were out. So yes he is a nice dog, but the next adopter needs to work with a trainer who can help them.
Or have experience with pushy Shepherds. :) He is beautiful! I hope he finds a home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts