German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the dreaded ears post. Luna is almost 3.5 months old and one of her ears is up and the other one is not. Here are a few pictures. At one time they look like there where coming up but one did good the other isnt looking hopeful.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
She is absolutely so darn cute. Those ears are beautiful and should stand up fine in my estimation. Take lots of picks because this stage doesn't last long. Love, love love the tee pee set. And she stills looks dignified with them going every which way.

I know the worry but those pics just put a smile on.

Reactions: Sunsilver

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Ok, now I'm laughing. Hahaha. Thanks I needed that. Lol.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Teepee ears are my favorite too. It's so adorable.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
That picture reminds me why I use a crate in the car for puppies. It’s cute, though. Does she chew a lot? Mine chewed constantly and it seemed to help the ears.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That picture reminds me why I use a crate in the car for puppies. It’s cute, though. Does she chew a lot? Mine chewed constantly and it seemed to help the ears.
I have a car crate for her, tho she is getting too big, i thought i had a few more weeks nope, i have a matter of weeks before i cant use it for her, she is right at the limit of standing in it. She is like a shark explores the world with her teeth. She does know bite inhibition tho, she is shocking my wife with her personality, she isnt scared of cars, loud sounds and my wife loves going for walks with her. i have to keep telling myself and her that Luna is a mere 3 months old and can only walk a quarter of a block. I grab the leash and Luna knows she is either going for a walk or a car ride. I have to be very honest her ears worry me to death, i understand that saggy ears means nothing for the dogs health it is just a aesthetics thing.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
I have a car crate for her, tho she is getting too big, i thought i had a few more weeks nope, i have a matter of weeks before i cant use it for her, she is right at the limit of standing in it. She is like a shark explores the world with her teeth. She does know bite inhibition tho, she is shocking my wife with her personality, she isnt scared of cars, loud sounds and my wife loves going for walks with her. i have to keep telling myself and her that Luna is a mere 3 months old and can only walk a quarter of a block. I grab the leash and Luna knows she is either going for a walk or a car ride. I have to be very honest her ears worry me to death, i understand that saggy ears means nothing for the dogs health it is just a aesthetics thing.
A quarter of a block?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About that ya, i do not want to over due walking for her she still is growing. went on google maps it is about .16 miles.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Ha, at least Luna has teepee ears, Ozzy never had that but more like Collie ears. His ears are coming up and down but more up.

·
Super Moderator
7,883 Posts
About that ya, i do not want to over due walking for her she still is growing. went on google maps it is about .16 miles.
Don’t sacrifice muscle development. As long as it isn’t forced exercise or running+concrete... she can go much much farther. Do you have off leash hiking areas?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She currently doesn't have teepee ears one ear is up the other isnt. We have hike areas but leashed, I feel she could go further but I do not want to mess anything up.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm sure her ears will come up, she's got plenty of time yet.

My guy would walk 0.3miles to the local park (normal park not dog park), play for an hr and then walk 0.3miles back at 12 weeks old. If you girl can manage it then let her do more... at her own pace.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
We walk about 3 blocks to the baseball field and off leash he runs at his own pace around the field, it’s pretty big and fenced in but he never takes off and if he runs he always looks back to see where I am. Our fun is about an hour of play with some OB and we walk back.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Last week Zoey was in the dog for correcting our new pup Remi’s biting. Wife was certain Zoeys correction harmed his ear, even suggesting it may be paralyzed, lol. I didn’t see any difference and my dismissal of her concerns put me in the dog house as well. A week later and the “paralyzed “ ear is up and the other down. Im sure the tattoo must have something to do with it (sarcasm).

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
You do know that studies have shown that unlimited exercise on and in nature's playground (climbing, running, jumping logs, etc.) with the puppy setting the pace remarkedly decreases hip displasia?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You do know that studies have shown that unlimited exercise on and in nature's playground (climbing, running, jumping logs, etc.) with the puppy setting the pace remarkedly decreases hip displasia?
did not know that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts