German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has been a bit Lethargic, been vomiting and has diarrhea. I think it may be the Orijen is too strong for her so i already replaced it with Wellness which she was doing fine on before.

I bought her Mediciation for diarrhea and gave her some and alot of water. She is currently sleeping in her crate. Any signs to look for or be worried about? Should i take her to the vet?..

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
Has she had vaccinations lately? When you do take her in don't let them give her any!! Hoping she perks up and nothing serious :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Is there an Emerg. Vet you can go to tonight? Not to overreact, but those are possible parvo symptoms and the earlier the dog gets help, the better. There are certainly other things that could be causing the symptoms, but I would go right away if possible.

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
Don't feed her and limit her water(about 3 ounces at a time) she needs to rest her gut. When is the last time she vomited?

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
If it were me, I would get her to the vet ASAP. With those symptoms she could have parvo (Even if she's been vaccinated) which can be deadly. More so than the parvo, DEHYDRATION from vomiting and diarrhea.

Please stop the OTC medications and get her to the vet. Your puppy IS sick and if it IS parvo, time is very valuable. It CAN kill her.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
What OTC medication did you give her? The reason I ask is that some OTC antidiarrheal medications are contraindicated for dogs, and some may actually be harmful such as immodium if given to an mdr1 mutant/mutant dog.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sending out positive thoughts. Hope we get an update soon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay guys I couldn't take it any more and took her to the emergency hospital. Thank you so much for making me go asap! She was extremely dehydrated and may have not made it till tomorrow. She was checked and is okay now. Tomorrow morning early I'm going to my vet for blood work and xrays if needed. Reason I didnt do it now is because emergency hospital are so expensive. The iv they gave her really worked along with the other shots and medication. She did have a fever also, so hopefully isn't nothing serious and the blood work comes out negative.

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
Good that you got some fluids into her. Hope she is on the road to recovery. Did they tell you not to feed her and limit her water intake to small minute portions? Pedialyte or gatorade frozen into cubes is a good way to get fluids, electrolytes/but not overkill on the gut.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i had something very close to this happen with Ava. she was very young and it was my first time having a puppy so young. i didnt know what to do so we went to the ER vet. on the way there she started to drool all over the place. when we got there she was soaked. the vet wanted to keep her for 3 days at the tune of 1659.00. we i didnt have that kind of money so i had them give her an iv. he also gat her a shot to make her stop vomiting and he gave me some stuff called nutrical to give her because she wouldnt eat. i sat with her till 4am. about 330am she started to act more like her self. i was scared for her for sure. i pray your pup feels better

1 - 20 of 32 Posts