German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me out? Bella is around 5 - 6 months... I think she may be in heat because she is very fishy smelling to the point where it makes me sick from the smell she has a weird discharge coming from her V every so often that is milky clear/ yellow fluid that smells horrible and shes always licking herself. My other two dogs I have are fixed and sometimes they smell a little fishy if they lick themselves but never as bad as Bella and they don't have that odd discharge. Does anyone know what it is? Shes a healthy puppy and she has mostly all her shots.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My GSD had the same yellow discharge around 6 months and I ended up getting a spay....my vet said the yellow discharge was just puppy vaginitus and the spay should help...1 month later and no yellow discharge anymore

·
Registered
537 Posts
When Mia was in heat there were droplets of blood...not a lot...just here and there and they cleaned up easily. We had to wait two full months after her heat for her spay. Never in all my years w/ female dogs have I seen a yellowish discharge or a fishy smell. I would see the vet.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Have you had her at the vet for a check-up?

Could be a yeast infection.. which would require antibiotics to cure (also there are good diets to go on if dogs are prone to such infections).

I would have her checked by a vet.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
GET TO THE VET! There is something up and since usually blood and swelling happens with a heat, seems like something else is going on. May want to schedule a spay surgery while you are there. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts