German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my nearly 4 months old german shepherd's ears were erect but suddenly his left ear went down 2 days ago and im extremly worried . so please if it's damaged i need advice. i don't know what to do

·
Super Moderator
5,678 Posts
Ears go up and down when they are teething. If they were up, they most likely will go back up again. 4 months is too early to be worried. Just enjoy the ear dance.

·
Registered
965 Posts
my nearly 4 months old german shepherd's ears were erect but suddenly his left ear went down 2 days ago and im extremly worried . so please if it's damaged i need advice. i don't know what to do
Completely normal. Nothing to worry about! Their ears dance all over the place! You should take pictures during this phase as it's pretty funny. Please post pics!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree, post some pictures so we can see the little cutie. When it comes to the issue at hand, there is none. It's normal, the position of their ears shifts, especially as they grow up, it's normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ears go up and down when they are teething. If they were up, they most likely will go back up again. 4 months is too early to be worried. Just enjoy the ear dance.
but inside the bent ear u can find a little puffy place where it's bent

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you are that concerned, take him to the vet. But as others have said, ears do weird things for many months before they stand permanently. 4 months is pretty early and it would be unusual for them to stand and not fall over again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts