German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She will be 7 months this saturday. I have always gotten my animals speutered by 6 months so this "in heat" thing is all new to me.

I have noticed her licking her vajayjay more lately and I thought I saw some discharge tonite. So, I wiped her with a papertowel. It was just a little bit but it was dark red/brown. She's a little swollen down in that region also.

I was expecting more swollen and dripping blood. So is this heat or just the beginning of it??:help:

I am skipping her puppy class tonite as there are quite a few un-neutered fur boyz in the class!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
good to know, my June is 6mos and i've never owned a girl before so i wasn't sure what to look for either. at about 4mos, she had vaginitis and had some thick, stringy, yellow/white discharge that was kinda gross too. i always said i was never having a daughter, now look at me;)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Lakota is 8-1/2 months, I've noticed she licks herself a lot more lately. I don't remember how old Kiya was when she went into heat. It wasn't too bad. I remember drops of blood on the floor but nothing crazy. She wasn't happy about the panties I got for her. I know Lakota wont be thrilled and she'll most likely chew them right off.
At our school theres a sign "Absolutely no bitches in heat".

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
When my female is in heat, she wears her bloomers to class. When she is in standing heat, we skip class. Her mind is not on working and it distracts the other dogs. Not fair to others that are paying for training and not getting the most of it. She is a heavy bleeder and bleeds for 3 wks. I have her bloomers and just use regular pads in them. She has never tried to chew them off either. Kinda lucky with that I guess.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Sounds like a heat to me...love the sign no bitches in heat,lol I need that one for home:D Zoe had heavy days but the doggy panties and pads worked out better than I expected. At first she was like oh no you aren't going to put that on me, but then after I wrestled her down and got it on anyway she eventually just held still for the subsequent days.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Since none of you have spayed yet, I'm curious as to why? I've heard contradictory opinions from vets and breeders as to when to spay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts