German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had a nasty nasty thunder storm and tornado warnings ( Lots of them). So we all went into the basement. At first Josie was alittle nervouse which is understandable since most dogs hate storms. Alittle while later she starts to get work up and wants me to play fetch with her!! It's almost like Josie's bi polar or something. One minute she's scared, the next minute she gets excited and wants to play. So of course i threw the ball around for her while my sheltie is like glued to my leg like he's about to have a heart attack.

Good for Josie for not being so nervous about the storm though. Made my life easier. As for the sheltie not sure what to do with him when storms like this strike.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Probably had the need to work off the nervous energy. (You know German Shepherds need a job... "hiding" in the basement is not enough work!! LOL) My Max does not like the basement - if we go down there because of a storm, he hangs out at the top of the stairs by the door.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably had the need to work off the nervous energy. (You know German Shepherds need a job... "hiding" in the basement is not enough work!! LOL) My Max does not like the basement - if we go down there because of a storm, he hangs out at the top of the stairs by the door.
haha that is true, she wanted to move and we were pretty much cooped up.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Maybe your just a really good pack leader and when she seen you were okay then she was okay....:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Perhaps Josie had nervous energy (from the storm) and she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do about it. Playing ball with her was the perfect reaction from you, letting her know that storms aren't scary they mean play!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts