German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was looking at Shasta earlier and i couldnt seem to stop focusing on her ears. The more i look at them the more i'm convinced they've gotten bigger! Which really wouldnt surprise me much but to notice it is like wow! She still naturally has her little puppy head but now her ears definitely look like satelite dishes! I guess that goofy teenager stage of puppyhood has arrived. I called her satelite dish head earlier.... boy you should have seen that dirty look! It was one of those if looks could kill looks. She's also sleeping at my feet right now tethered to my foot because she decided destroying one of my rugs was a good idea instead of chewing on her bone. Really cant wait for this butthead stage to end. She's never chewed on any of my rugs, except the bathroom rug i was going to throw out anyway and an old pair of shoes she got a hold of before i could catch her. But man.... those ears....

will try to get pictures this afternoon.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Haha! Satellite dish ears! I thought they were supposed to grow into them. LOL! Wolfie's ears look bigger to me lately too. He looks like a donkey.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha! Satellite dish ears! I thought they were supposed to grow into them. LOL! Wolfie's ears look bigger to me lately too. He looks like a donkey.

thats how Shasta looks! I guess their ears grow, they grow into them and then they grow again when they hit the goofy teen stage. I swear her ears are huge! Last week they just didnt seem to big and this week....

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
thats how Shasta looks! I guess their ears grow, they grow into them and then they grow again when they hit the goofy teen stage. I swear her ears are huge! Last week they just didnt seem to big and this week....
<<<---- 18 months .... still waiting to grow into them

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Like this?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<<<---- 18 months .... still waiting to grow into them

LOL maybe there really is something to that growth tends to stop at 2 years bit even for females? Course there is a GSD at the base dog park every now and then who is 5 years old and still hasnt grown into her ears. She almost looks like she's trapped between puppyhood and adulthood.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wolfiesmom, exactly like that. Big ol ears on that small lil puppy head. Wolfie's ears look a little more proportionate to the rest of his head though. If my hubby ever gets home from work i'll see if i can get a couple pictures.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Wolfiesmom, exactly like that. Big ol ears on that small lil puppy head. Wolfie's ears look a little more proportionate to the rest of his head though. If my hubby ever gets home from work i'll see if i can get a couple pictures.
Wolfie's head is huge too! I have had so many comments on the size of his head, especially when he's next to another dog. He will be 1 year old on the 20th of this month. How old is Shasta?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wolfie's head is huge too! I have had so many comments on the size of his head, especially when he's next to another dog. He will be 1 year old on the 20th of this month. How old is Shasta?

Shasta is 7 months old on the 5th. She was born may 5th. lol i had to look at the calendar to make sure i wasnt losing my mind.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
LOL maybe there really is something to that growth tends to stop at 2 years bit even for females? Course there is a GSD at the base dog park every now and then who is 5 years old and still hasnt grown into her ears. She almost looks like she's trapped between puppyhood and adulthood.
Afraid that might be our lot in life. :cry:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Afraid that might be our lot in life. :cry:

sok. still have a good looking dog who is loved. thats what counts. lol. even if they never grow into those ears!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
KZoppa- I keep checking back to this thread for pics! I DEPEND on you for cute pics---where are they? I love the "ears too big for their head" stage!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
LMAO!!!! A donkey! I will never ever look at Jake the same, especially since he is in the throw of his butthead stage.....a donkey is fitting.:)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
My Shasta has nice, compact ears. I think that is to make up for the mange, staph, allergies, etc.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kris i will go take a couple pictures now that hubby is home and he can help. lol

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
okay, heres the pictures i was able to get. She was so set on "speaking" for the treat getting her to hold still long enough for my camera to get a decent picture was kinda tough lol...

and one for kicks because i thought it was funny...

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Aw, she's so cute! I don't think her ears look all that big. Now I'm wondering if Shasta's ears are bigger than I think, but look smaller in relation to her head because she's so furry.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Micah's ears are HUGE but he's a big boy so I guess they are proportional to his body...they just seem so much bigger. I swear I think I'm going to lose the cotton ball sometimes when I'm cleaning his ears.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aw, she's so cute! I don't think her ears look all that big. Now I'm wondering if Shasta's ears are bigger than I think, but look smaller in relation to her head because she's so furry.
its possible! all that fur could be making her look entirely different than if you shaved her. not that you should shave her. though thats a funny mental picture! There are just times i can look at Shasta and her ears are freaking huge and then other times they look so small.

Micah's ears are HUGE but he's a big boy so I guess they are proportional to his body...they just seem so much bigger. I swear I think I'm going to lose the cotton ball sometimes when I'm cleaning his ears.

I've had to fish out a cottonball a couple times from Shasta's ears. lol. she's got some pretty big ear canals compared to Riley and Shelby.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts