German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So even though Rosko probably wouldn't admit it just yet. I think he likes Athena. At first he was a big bully. Always taking her toys, getting in between Athena and whoever was petting her, and playing way to rough. Now he doesn't take every toy, doesn't care if she gets pets, and will lay down and play on her level. I still have to make them both calm down occasionally. She is a little firecracker and will instigate rough play but then Rosko will get carried away. And she doesn't back down so I have to be the voice of reason. It did take quite a bit of one on one with Rosko to make him realize he wasn't being replaced. Or maybe that is just how long it takes dogs to acclimate to another dog.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And she thinks Rosko is the coolest dog ever. Same mother different fathers. But their facial expressions and some of their features look an awful lot alike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the photo where she's drinking water with her big brother! Precious <3
Their crazy. They'll drink out of each other's water. I think they have contests to see who a make a bigger mess. Rosko usually wins. But, Athena likes to put her front paws in the water like Rosko used to. So her paws add to her mess.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got her! Athena is gorgeous and looks like a spitfire! Great pictures they look very content and happy! Enjoy and congratulations!!!!!
Yeah, we decided the coat wasn't as important as knowing her mother. Definitely the right choice. So far she is just as good a pup as I remember Rosko being. So far the hardest part is making sure they both get enough individual attention. Making sure she bonds with us and not Rosko. Well, they will bond but making sure they can function independent of each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
They look so adorable together!!! Rosko looks and reminds me of my dog Teddy growing up was german shepherd/golden retriever mix was told collie was in there to but I don't know. He looked exactly the same but tan body and black face. The best dog!!! We later added A collie pup to the family and she adored him - we were not that exciting. When she was a few months old it was much easier to bond more. It is good your getting one on one time with each one. Can't wait to see Athena's color changes-fun!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts