German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stosh and I went out the backdoor onto the deck this morning to go out and play. Stosh bent down to pick up a frisbee to play with and I bent down to put on my shoes...at the same time his head came up. The top of his head met the bridge of my nose, and of course I was wearing glasses. SMACK!
Now my nose is all swollen and turning blue, no blood though so maybe it's not actually broken. The good news is Stosh is doing great and starting to look like his old self again!

·
5,627 Posts
Oh man I feel for you. Raven bruised my nose and gave me a concussion when she was about 10 months old. Same scenario, I bent down to pick something up and she went to give me a kiss. SMACK!! I couldn't wear glasses for a month.

Glad Stosh is feeling better and hopefully you heal up quickly!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Ouch! That had to hurt!

My cousin's daughter just had a dog head/human tooth run in. She's 6 and had an adult tooth coming down. The impact pushed the tooth back up a little - dentist said it should be fine. Ouch!

Is Stosh going to make you wear an e-collar? :D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
When my daughter and I went to pick Shasta up at the vet Thursday, Shasta's head somehow made contact with my daughter's nose. Thankfully...no swelling or bruising but there was a lot of drama and complaining. My oldest daughter is quite the Drama Queen.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Owww, my nose aches just thinking about that!

Several years ago, Gunnar was playing with a toy & whipping his head around in a figure eight when he bashed my kneecap with his hard head. I passed out from the pain. As soon as I came to, I immediately wanted to pass out again. I realized my knee was badly injured, so I dragged myself over to the phone to call my sis-in-law (to drive me into town) & my HMO for a Dr. appointment. I was still seeing flashing lights, the pain was so bad. When the advice nurse answered the phone, I managed to stammer: "I just injured my left hind leg. Er.... I mean.... uh.... Yeah."

When she finally stopped laughing & gasping for breath & regained her ability to speak, her first question wasn't about my health & welfare; it was, "HOW many animals do you have?" :blush:

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh ya I have had my glasses shoved into my face so hard I thought they would have to be surgically removed! Luckily it only felt worse than it looked.

You poor thing, it has been a ruff year and your not starting this one off on the right foot/paw! Hoping your nose is just bruised and not broke.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have had a similar experience - ouch! We have a 155 pound Great Dane, & I am SO careful never to stand over his head! My little French Bulldog boy, however, HAS spit my lip while jumping up to kiss me & not remembering to cover those teeth!! I'm reeloing in pain, & he is still licking & smiling! Gotta love 'em!:wub:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
@Maxtmill, I was going to say I have had this happen but with my Great Dane. I was tying my shoes Max was sniffing my shoes then he sneezed and smashed his huge skull bone into my nose! LOL its funny now but wasnt back then.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I don't think your nose has to bleed if it's broken. Keep a close eye on it. I'm no nose expert, but I've heard that it is much less painful to get it checked and fixed now, then to wait till it begins to heal on it's own.

Super glad to hear Stosh is feeling better!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
ouch! I hope you're nose isn't broken. Glad to hear Stosh is feeling better!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Ouch. My Lab did that to me a few weeks ago. I was looking for the remote under the coach and he was "helping". As I was getting up, he managed to crack me in the face with his head. I did bleed and even had a bit of a bruise, nothing broken though.

Glad to hear Stosh is doing better, I have been following.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Sorry to hear that your nose was hurt! Extremely glad to hear that Stosh is getting better..what a relief!!

I know exactly how that feels, thanks to Nadia. She does the same thing to me all the time because she is hyper. I get a lotta fat lips from her too!

Last weekend, I went to give my granddaughter a hug from behind as she was opening the door. She turned quickly and bashed her shoulder into my nose, causing my glasses to smash up against the bridge of my nose. Nothing nearly as hard as Nadia does to me, but it hurt worse!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Not funny, but I couldn't help giggling:) I think Stosh wanted YOU to have a sore nose like his:))

Once one of the dogs did this to my husband, but he ended up having a tooth knocked out

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Hope your nose is OK. Also hope you have it checked out, it could be broken.
I got a fat lip and some teeth loosened last week the same way.
OUCH !!

·
Registered
906 Posts
I agree...he wanted you to feel his pain ;)

·
Registered
940 Posts
*ouch* Just reading this makes me wince.

One time my parent's great dane puppy did that to me, jumped up - hit me in the lower jar - and I was seeing stars and almost passed out. I had to go sit down for awhile!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not dog related but I feel your pain none the less. A few years ago, while on a hunting trip, I took a hasty shot at a turkey with my Weatherby 300 magnum. The rifle jumped out of my shoulder and the scope relocated my nose. Had to straighten it myself. Blood everywhere. But hey, I got the turkey!:) Best wishes with Stosh's recovery.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Nice ones!! ^^^

1 - 20 of 36 Posts