German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and WOW what a difference in my pup!!! I wish i switched sooner!
He was on Acana/Orijen to begin with when i bought him home at 8 weeks but i was never happy with his stools and i don't think his tummy was overly happy either!
I switched him a few weeks ago to a "pre-prepared frozen raw mix" (also gets chicken necks, veal bones, liver and kidney etc etc) and i will never go back to dry!

His coat is super shiny, he no longer itches all the time, he poops twice a day maximum and when he does its a small black log with minimal smell, he seems satisfied once he's finished rather than looking for more and best of all HE GETS EXCITED AT FEED TIME!!

So pleased with my decision to switch! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes I feel you! Even if you forget the stool it will turn white and odorless after a bit! Are you feeding chicken only now? Or have you added another protein source?

·
Banned
2 Posts
Perhaps all you cool pet lovers could give me some info on how to bring my little german shepherd better and making him learn the tricks and behave intelligent.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I feel you! Even if you forget the stool it will turn white and odorless after a bit! Are you feeding chicken only now? Or have you added another protein source?
The mix my boy is on is beef, venison and salmon. The chicken he gets is in the form of necks and chicken mince :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Glad you love the results you're getting from raw!
I had always supplemented with bones and whatnot, previously, but a little over a year ago, I made the big plunge into full raw and now I couldn't imagine feeding anything else. I actually think it's fun to get my meat, organ and bone shipments, to browse the list and see if there's anything new to order. It's fun and a little relaxing for me to set aside an evening to cut and measure and weigh and pre-bag...it's something I never get tired of doing.

Hope you continue to see improvement!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts