German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Though adorable, your puppy appears to definitely be a mix.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Why? He's the same dog regardless if we told you he was purebred or not.

Where did you get him from? Did you see the sire and dam?

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys the charm a GSD owes with his firm ears and high loyalty+energy charesterestics appeal me. i dont know what shape he will attain after some time. what if he remains small like poodles? just fears in mind. and thanks all :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
It personally makes me sad when I see people being upset that their dog isn't exactly what they wanted. It's not their fault, it is usually how you went about getting them. If someone is dead set on getting a pure GSD, they should go to a reputable breeder. If you choose to find another alternative you can't be positive you'll know what you're getting, so just be happy with and love your new family member despite not being "perfect".

I got Mia from a shelter, at the time I also thought I would be disappointed if she didn't come out looking pure bred, but the minute I got I held her to take her home all those fears didn't matter because she was mine and I loved her. She's below average in size with one floppy ear, and I wouldn't change anything about her. She's perfect because she is my pup.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
it's to late to talk about research before you buy, find a reputable
breeder, learn about the breed, etc. train and socialize and you're
going to have a nice dog. after this dog is well trained and highly
socialized get a GSD.

Guys the charm a GSD owes with his firm ears and high loyalty+energy charesterestics appeal me. i dont know what shape he will attain after some time. what if he remains small like poodles? just fears in mind. and thanks all :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im so very thankful to all the respected members who helped me proceeding with 1st dog of my life. Now he is 6 months old and he is my best friend now. Pics attached. :)

Thankyou all for having me such a wonderful companion.:wub:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
He is a very handsome boy, thanks for sharing him with us.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Great to see him again, I figured he would grow on you. My first dog was a malamute mix. Momma was a malamute, daddy was what ever got over the fence, he to was an awesome dog.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
does he have some Great Dane in him? He looks about 24" tall already if the brick coursing is 4"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts