German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH and I took Jackson (17 weeks today) and our 10 year old lab mix for a walk around the neighborhood last night...(Jackson is doing great on the leash btw)...ran into a lady we know from our daughter's swim team...she had her dog with her, some kind of medium size terrier mix...her dog was pulling and whining and just generally misbehaving...my little guy poked his nose to sniff and then just sat down and watched the dog make a fool out of himself. I was so proud that Jackson didn't pull or whine or bark at him. No barking, no pulling, just sat there with his head cocked in that sweet GSD way as if to say "What is your problem?"

·
Registered
203 Posts
Awesome, congrats on what sounds like an amazing puppy. I was a little anxious about getting Thunder after wanting a GS for 25 years, and it has been a lot of work, but man every day I get something from him I never expected..

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jackson is my first GSD and now I wonder why I waited so long to get one.

Went for our walk again last night and saw a bunny...boy did his ears perk up!! And out came this huge "WOOF" out of the little guy...he wanted that bunny so bad....

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
What have you heard about my boy Rex and the broken bunnies?

I love the 'what is wrong with you?' look my dog gives. She's very social with all boys but if another female gives her an earful, she turns her nose in the air and walks away with a great swoooosh of her tail.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally Posted By: networknyup careful, I have heard stories about GSD's and rabbits
oh no way would I let him go after a bunny...for the bunny's sake and for Jackson's.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Originally Posted By: SunCzarinaWhat have you heard about my boy Rex and the broken bunnies?
Broken bunnies...we have them too from time to time. One would think that mom would stop building the nest INSIDE the dogs' fence. There is 1/2 an acre of land that is not "dog land" but she can't figure that out. Natural selection? Sorry...I guess that was sick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts