German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Welcome to you and Rose! OMG, she sure is cute, love those long legs!:D. As for being 'bad bred', can't help, but others may offer advice. All I can say, she is a cutie pa-tootie! Enjoy:D

·
Registered
356 Posts
First let me say she's absolutely adorable, second all puppies develop differently and might look awkward at certain stages. Have you met her parents? Where did you get her from? Have you taken her to a vet for her puppy shots and de-worming and if so did the vet give her an all clear ? She has a beautiful coloring and those soulful eyes.
Can't wait for more pictures

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx guys for your beautiful replays but no i didn't meet her parents i bought her from a pet shop .. its just weird how all the other puppies look at her age and how she looks she is skinny and her ears are not standing i just dont know whats wrong and how to fix it beside that she is scared from everything

·
4,485 Posts
it might be bad breeding but you love her none the less. Get her spayed and help her become the best dog she can be. Make sure you are feeding her quality food. I would recommend checking on Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor for the best food that you can reasonably afford.

Not sure at what age you determine if the ears need help standing. Some folks will tape the ears up with some sort of semi flexible support.

Puppies go through "fear stages". The best thing to do is be calm and strong and Do Not Pet Her when she is fearful and whinny. She will think you are praising her for that behavior and it might become worse. Just use a cheerful voice when he moves forward or checks things out. It is normal for a pup to stop, look, back up and ponder when they see something new..and everything is new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wont love her less she is a family member now i just wanted her to be the best dog ever .. about her getting spayed what is the advantage of that ? Beside that iam gonna get a male gsd in few days .. and iam feeding her 3 times a day 1st meal is milk and bread and one egg 2nd and 3rd are chicken legs is it a bad diet ?

·
4,485 Posts
milk and bread are not a good choice. Dogs often do not digest milk well. If you must use a grain, I suggest sticky rice. A chicken leg is good if raw, never cooked bones. An egg is good. It might be better to find a good quality kibble.

You don't want her to have accidental puppies, so spaying is highly recommended. And getting another puppy right now will triple your work. You need to spend quality time with each pup separately and time with them together. If you don't they will loose interest in you and bond with each other. That will make training them so much harder.
Hold off on the second pup until this gal is at least three and is healthy and trained well.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I wont love her less she is a family member now i just wanted her to be the best dog ever .. about her getting spayed what is the advantage of that ? Beside that iam gonna get a male gsd in few days .. and iam feeding her 3 times a day 1st meal is milk and bread and one egg 2nd and 3rd are chicken legs is it a bad diet ?
Since you don't know much about her and your getting a male, you don't want puppues. If she is fearful and its genetic, the puppies can be a mess.

The diet you are feeding is not balanced. She is a growing pup and needs certain things. What kind of dog foods are available to you?

·
4,485 Posts
also, have you had your pup checked for worms? An enormous amount of worms can live in puppies, Too many and you little girl will feel sick and weak. They could even kill her. Dogs need to be checked for worms regularly. Your veterinarian can help you keep her from from these pests.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My first GSD was several months before both of her ears stood up....just sayin

Every dog is different. And that is one nice looking dog.

·
Banned
100 Posts
She looks 'leggy' but that's fine. Don't worry about her ears either - they all come up in the end unless they're damaged/not normal in some way.

My dog had both ears up for a fortnight at 10 weeks, then both down at 12 weeks, then one up at 13 weeks which has been up since and now his other one is maybe 3/4's up but with a droopy tip (please no puns ;)).

They all progress differently - i've seen pups as young as 6 weeks with ears up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
She seems a bit skinny to me. Most GSDs are extremely robust in appearance at that age.

Are you sure she's a pure-bred GSD?

Best,

LF

·
Registered
15,884 Posts
I'd wait until she was 2 to get another pup, and I'd wait that long to spay her, too. It's true that you will need to be vigilent so that she doesn't get pregnant during her heat cycle but that can be done. It will be harder with an intact male in the house.

It will be hard to tell until she is older whether her looks match conformation standards. There is a lot of variety in the breed. Just enjoy her and help her build confidence for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts