German Shepherds Forum banner
241 - 246 of 246 Posts

· Registered
6,678 Posts
You know, I felt a little guilty about being picky. I've always been the 'to the rescue' gal. So I've helped save several dogs personally and contribute to local rescues when I can. I get the feeling you're kind of the same way. I paid my dues and don't forget you have the right to be picky now and then too. :)

Thank you for sharing your story. :)

It's going to be a long time before I get another puppy but when the time is right I am going to be extremely picky too!

· Registered
14,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
You know, I felt a little guilty about being picky. I've always been the 'to the rescue' gal. So I've helped save several dogs personally and contribute to local rescues when I can. I get the feeling you're kind of the same way. I paid my dues and don't forget you have the right to be picky now and then too. :)
Yes, my mother and I have both donated money, food, toys and blankets to our 2 local animal shelters for years. In fact almost 2 months ago I donated $60 to one. I made some extra cash with over time at work and I hadn't donated in a while so I went to go see my friend that works there and donated the money.

My car payment will be gone after March and then I can afford to start donating more. :)

5,633 Posts
Just an FYI, LaRen, in case you didn't know. Volunteering with a rescue to help out at events (I always take Raven with me to events too) or to do reference checks is huge too. It's just time your donating usually but I know that aside from getting good fosters those are two of the areas we always need more help.

· Registered
14,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Just an FYI, LaRen, in case you didn't know. Volunteering with a rescue to help out at events (I always take Raven with me to events too) or to do reference checks is huge too. It's just time your donating usually but I know that aside from getting good fosters those are two of the areas we always need more help.
Yes, I know what you mean. Maybe they can use a dog walker? I'm good at that. :laugh:

I know they had a litter of kittens that needed to be fostered and I almost volunteered to take them home but the Rott plays way too rough and I wouldn't trust him around little kittens. But I would definitly foster some kittens, no puppies though, I dont want to get attached to one and keep it. I would definitly be up for fostering puppies and dogs later in life when I have a partner to tell me "No, you cant keep this one". :wild:

· Registered
4,732 Posts
LaRen, it was a difficult decision you made, and also courageous of you to share your experience and open yourself up to judgement by others. I appreciate your honesty and the efforts you made to acclimate Rogue to your home. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you and I hope that by sharing your experiences, you have helped others that are in similar situations.

241 - 246 of 246 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.