German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Because Sheppie is heartworm positive (based on info a pound person gave GatorBytes), there is about a zero chance that he will get out of the pound through an adoption--unless someone here in the Houston area steps up. The fact that he is heartworm positive is not included in his pound listing, so it's likely his adoption fell through as soon as the potential adopter learned that he is heartworm positive.

·
Registered
233 Posts
So, if an animal is positive for heartworm--can they not be treated? (reasonably cheaply?) I'm in Atlantic Canada, we don't have heart worm here in my province with the exception of a few cases a year of dogs coming from regions that do have it, though we prophylactically treat them.

I do understand that killing any parasite, especially one in the heart, carries the risk of a major die-off causing strokes/death/emboli.

What a shame, that's a lovely looking dog.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
There is no way anyone can determine this from a single crummy pound photo. These things are affected by lighting, photo angle, the way the dog is holding his ears, etc.

Also, Lobo's instagram mature photos don't resemble how Lobo looked as a younger dog.
You shouldn't have had the nerve to imply in any way that it is him. If you're that worried about that dog, ride that high horse down to Texas and take care of him yourself.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Guys, seriously, I think we need to stop ripping this person apart. I think it was completely unfair to post a picture of a random dog in a shelter that looks a bit like the OP’s dog and claim the person is a liar. The OP has absolutely no obligation to any of us, and it’s uncalled for to demand pictures of Lobo in his new home. How do you think you have any right to that? Seriously?

Yes, the reasons for rehoming Lobo weren’t the best, but can you honestly say that it would be better for him to be in a miserable home where he won’t get the love or attention he needs? The OP made a choice. I’ve seen dogs abandoned for much worse reasons. I’ve seen dogs neglected and abused, starving to death. OP did not let that happen. I think this thread has run its course and needs to just be closed now. It’s getting ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
This thread is being closed, and personal info will be deleted as soon as someone can get to it. Screenshotting personal content is over the line.

If someone wants to open a thread about networking a specific dog in a Texas shelter, the rescue forum is available.

161 - 165 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.