German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt realize that breeders use the letter of the litter for their papers. My breeder said of course I could have a F name on paper and use a different name all together for day to day... but Id probably just want to keep it all the same. SO I need a F name for a Male Black sable GSD... im at a loss. If I didnt have to have an F name I would have Chosen Grimm or Ivan, maybe Igor... I like Creepy things so any suggestions?:wub:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I didnt realize that breeders use the letter of the litter for their papers. My breeder said of course I could have a F name on paper and use a different name all together for day to day... but Id probably just want to keep it all the same. SO I need a F name for a Male Black sable GSD... im at a loss. If I didnt have to have an F name I would have Chosen Grimm or Ivan, maybe Igor... I like Creepy things so any suggestions?:wub:
We named our dog "Phenix" (who was initialy named "Fenix" by the breeder on the papers) because he was also coming from an "F" Litter. I suggest you Fenix :p

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
A lot of people use a call name that is different from their dog's registered name, so there's really no reason why you cannot give an F name for the registration and still call him Grimm.

Fenway
Finster
Finnegan (<- my cat's name. Finn, for short.)

You could also name him after a town starting with F ... Germany has a few that are short enough to make a good dog name.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I like quirky names,,how about Fantom? My black male was out of an F litter , his reg'd name was Four x Four (kennel name) call name Dodge, (the husband had a black dodge four x four at the time:)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have always loved the classic "Fido" so corny it is cool. If you liked Igor, how about Figor...in a matter of minutes you can see how easlily it shortens to Igor!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I like quirky names,,how about Fantom? My black male was out of an F litter , his reg'd name was Four x Four (kennel name) call name Dodge, (the husband had a black dodge four x four at the time:)
LMAO we must have posted this at the same time :) Very nice!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Marissa great minds think alike:) LOL

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
How about Fenris or Fenrir? It's the name of a gigantic monster wolf from Norse mythology.

Other 'F' names:

Flame
Flash
Fox
Fiend
Fabian
Fury
Fable
Falco
Falcon
Falken
Fang
Fatal
Fritz

I know a dog named Freeway, and also know a dog named Farfel who is either named after a type of pasta or a puppet dog from an old commercial.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about Fenris or Fenrir? It's the name of a gigantic monster wolf from Norse mythology.

Other 'F' names:

Flame
Flash
Fox
Fiend
Fabian
Fury
Fable
Falco
Falcon
Falken
Fang
Fatal
Fritz

I know a dog named Freeway, and also know a dog named Farfel who is either named after a type of pasta or a puppet dog from an old commercial.

Ohh thanks everyone! I love Fenrir or Fenris.. at least the idea of it. How do you say it?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Ohh thanks everyone! I love Fenrir or Fenris.. at least the idea of it. How do you say it?
Fenris is pretty much like it sounds-- Fen-ris, with 'fen' rhyming with 'hen' and 'ris' rhyming with 'miss'.
Fenrir is pronounced Fen-rear.

Fenrir/Fenris is also sometimes called Fenriswolf or Fenris Ulf (ulf means wolf.)

It's funny since you said you liked the name Grimm-- in the book The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe there's a character named Maugrim (a giant wolf, one of the 'bad guys') whose name was changed for the American edition of the book to Fenris Ulf.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Here are some famous dogs whose name starts with "F". Do any of these appear in your dog's pedigree? If so, name him after (great) grandpa!

Fado (Karthago)
Falk (Berkelau)
Falko (Haus Sindern)
Fanto (Hirschel)
Fero (Zeuterner Himmelreich)
Flori (Berglein)
Fratz (Teuchelwald)

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I wanted to call my puppy Fival (so I can just call him "Five") but he's a P litter. I also like Friday.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
You can always do an F name in front of the name you want and put them both on the papers. The breeder will add the kennel name to the front or back. (ie Fenris Grimm)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Oh yeah, Friday is good so is Fiver and Fido- my grandfather's name was Fabian, no kidding! Then there's Force, Forest, 4Ever, Freak, Falon. Tons of F names.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts