German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am FINALLY getting my puppy, this is a couple year process lol. I have the best breeder EVER who waited patiently for it to be the right time for our family. Suprisingly I am getting a female, never would have thought. I will post a pic soon, she is adorable!

Anyway, I need some thoughts on an I name as that's what litter it is. Her current name is cute and may keep it; Inka
I also like Isis, Izara, Imagine (big Beatle fans), Iliads beckoning (call name Siren), Izzy. Any other ideas or should I keep Inka? Her future plans are SAR. I should hopefully have her here within the next couple weeks ahhhhh :D!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
All very cute names but I like her already given name Inka seems not all that common...

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
Inka, Inkaa, Inkah, Inka is a very nice name. say Inka as if you were
calling her, say Inka as if you were calling her from afar, say Inka as if
it were cuddle time. "good girl Inka".

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds good with my other GSD lol. Izaak and Inka

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Inka rolls of the tongue for a good recall at a distance.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I LOVE Inka, that name is not common and I keep saying it in my head and am starting to really love it lol...

Irena, Indi, Indra, I like Illusion, Iako, Ika, Ion, Ivy, Inoko, Isar, Italia

·
Premium Member
11,252 Posts
I love Iroc - with a call name of Roxy....

Lee

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I vote for Inka. Its cool and a good recall name.

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
Inka is nice. It is soft and short, and it is not used all over the place like Hiedi.

I used Ingrid, Isabel, Ivy, and IdaMae for my I-litter girls. Isabel and Ingrid became Izzy and Ing.

Pretty pup.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The "I" name I liked was Immanitus...which means frightful savagery...its a guy thing, you know, compensating on some level. haha

When I was getting my "I" dog, someone, who shall remain nameless....suggested Itzacat.

I spent three hours on Google looking this word up...searching for the meaning...I assumed it was going to be the
name of an ancient Greek warrior....again...the guy thing.

For several hours I looked, and looked, and the only thing I could come up with was Itzacat, a villeage in Bulgeria.

Why the heck would I name my dog after a villeage in Bulgeria?

Yes, eventually it hit me....and that person who shall remain nameless spent too much time laughing at me, as opposed to laughing with me!!!!!

India is a name I like....she is black like India Ink....all the young people are asking..."What is India Ink?"

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I think the name Inka suits her, I really like it just sounds good and has the certain ring to it... she's adorable ;)

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
I had five boys in that litter,

I called them Imposter, Inspector, Inquisitor, Instigator, and Informer. I know that doesn't help.

I remember the Itzacat discussion, LOL!

I have heard of India ink, but I always just assumed it was ink made in India. Now I will probably not rest until I google it.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
She could easily be an Inkah. She's so sweet looking. Congratulations!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts