German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
That is a gorgeous GSD, but I don't think he is small. He is what they call a Blanket Black. I thought Bi-color but i see more tan than what the standard is for Bi-color.
There are alot of breeders that have this coloring dog they are members here to, though right now black sable is very popular.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I love that dog, too. He's stunning.

He's a working line dog, probably East German or Czech/DDR. He's an average size with the typical bone and head structure of a working line. These are generally the most intense GSDs, which is why they are typically used in law enforcement, military, etc. Great dogs, but not for everybody. First time GSD owners need to make a very educated decision before getting a dog like this.

And I have to add, don't just go on looks alone, as the temperament, lifestyle needs and drives of each GSD line can vary widely. Be sure you choose a line that suits you, THEN look for reputable breeders producing dogs with the color/conformation you like.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
He looks like blanket black working line.

My pup Ike should end up with same coloring

But like Jessica said, most important is to find a dog that suits you and your lifestyle. With working line dogs, you need to be prepared to deal with higher drives and with certain dogs a more serious temperament.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Yes, there are different types of German Shepherds. Almost breeds within the breed. For this reason, it is important to do some research. Hopefully, you can meet some of the different types. Knowledge of the breed can help you make the best decision.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Ahh the gorgeous dogs of TV. My SO gives me grief over the commercial that opens with the beautiful corgi sitting up holding a sign that says, "I really really missed you!" because I am in love with that dog. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts