German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lycan, I mean. He's such a boof. I'm sure he's the result of a long line of backyard breedings, no matter how many "Vons" his mummy and daddy have stuck in front of their name. His feet are too big, he looks like he's put together by committee (you know, He seems to be forever stuck in the awkward phase). He has to have a raw diet and refuses to eat the less expensive chicken, demanding pricey steak and beef. Still, he's such a clunkily charming klutzy fuzz. He has a perpetually puzzled look on his face. He throws himself at every stranger, safe in the knowleldge that they love him. He lets me give him raspberry rolls. Such a big silly dog. :wub:

Jelpy and mesquite mafia

·
Registered
728 Posts
He sounds wonderful! My Great Dane was the same, bad breeding (his ad said pick of the litter - we come to find out he was 1 of 2 and the other was stillborn!) prone to skin problems, a big white spot on his chest that wasn't to standard, crooked tail... But he was the greatest dog, silly, kind, awkward like your guy, nurturing, funny as heck, comforting to me... When I lost him in August I was devastated. But now I have my baby GSD!

I've also got 4 horses - Sunny is AQHA, the most amazing combination of classic bloodlines you can find in a QH today, perfect confirmation - but she is a raging witch! Moody, aggressive, ill-mannered, granted I love her to death, but it just goes to show that "great breeding" doesn't always equal the best animal in some ways. My barrel horse, Rocket - he's "grade," no papers, no registered name, I don't even know what breed he is (some have suggested mustang) and a big scar on his leg from running through a barbed wire fence when he was young and stupid. But that horse has more heart than any I've known. He's fast, he's agile, he's smart, nothing scares him, and he's won me a lot of cash and prizes and we've had a blast doing it! He's my studmuffin!

Do you have any pictures of your stud on the forums you could link to? I'd love to see him, he sounds so cute and loveable! I like his name, too :D

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't have a digital camera. I really need to break down and buy one. The only photo I have of him is when he submerged himself in his watertub ( a big 30 gallon sucker) and all you can see of him is his clunky old head. It doesn't show his most distinguishing feature, what my friend calls his 'big ole clown feet."

jelpy and the mesquite mafia

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Unfortunately I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't have a digital camera. I really need to break down and buy one. The only photo I have of him is when he submerged himself in his watertub ( a big 30 gallon sucker) and all you can see of him is his clunky old head. It doesn't show his most distinguishing feature, what my friend calls his 'big ole clown feet."

jelpy and the mesquite mafia
I am with you! I don't have a digital camera either :) Lycan sounds awesome!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I love your description of your goofy boy. My Max is also a goofus. The vet described his feet as "snow shoes." His head is like a horse's head.... and most of the time he has a big grin. He loves life, and approaches every day with a "what are we doing, now" attitude. We chose him - out of three males - from a breeder after we lost our dog at 20 months. The breeder offered us another dog... choose an "adult" or wait for a puppy. We came home with Max, he was 11 months old.....
I couldn't have asked for more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts