German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Lou Castle's e collar protocol. Am seeing amazing results with Stella. She has been getting quite a few compliments on her good behavior. Today we saw another GSD being walked in town. Stella was interested but I was able to give her the "here" command and she didn't do her usual reactivity nonsense. :D The other GSD did go into Cujo mode....and then Stella got a bit poofy but another "here" command and she settled. The other lady had to cross the street with her dog. (Oh the memories of being a ninja!) We had a conversation from opposite sides of the street about how she had been watching me and my girl, and how well trained Stella seemed....Stella sitting calmly next to me, her dog pulling and lunging. I told her to look up Lou Castle's web site... I am a convert to e collar training for sure. I know not everyone goes for it, but it has done wonders for us. When I say I have tried EVERYTHING for Stella's reactivity issues, I really do mean EVERYTHING. It all helps a bit but this training is like magic. And I don't have to feel like a vending machine, and I am not correcting her much at all anymore.

THANK YOU LOU!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this result just from the beginning exercise that he says to start with? If so, how many sessions have you done? Do you just use a long lead during the exercises?

I have an e-collar and really need to get started on this.

·
Banned
1,341 Posts
I told my wife about the title of this thread. She said, "Me too!" lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
The e-collar is a fantastic tool. I can't think of a single facet
in dog training where it couldn't be used to tweak and or
stop certain behavior.

You can get your dog as sharp as a razor with this tool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts