German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to say this since coming here, I have wanted to, and now I am :p . Since Lulu came to us I have searched many forums on dogs in general, etc. all over the net looking for a place for not only information but a place that is like a community that cares and is not as judgemental as some for the mistakes we may make along the way.

I have to say that WOW!!! The GSD's humans are as caring, loving, intelligent and accepting people as the GSD's themselves. Maybe attracted to this amazing breed for that correlation

Anyone remember in 101 Dalmations how the humans always looked like the dogs they were walking? hehe. I think in spirit we are much like our dogs and the dogs we are drawn to and they to us.

The people here have only confirmed to me what my Lulu already has, that the GSD is a noble breed and also different in many ways from the rest as are their humans.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
771 Posts
I agree. So far this website has been very useful, and the people are great! Some nights I just get addicted and can't stop looking around the forums!!! Everyone is super sweet and helpful.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Awww. What a sweet post.
I totally agree.... great dogs, great people! Ah, what a wonderful forum to be a part of!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I have been here for a few years now and yes there are a bunch of great people with good advice. Best part is you can find someone who is or has gone through what you are going through, but it goes further then just talking about GSD's. This is a great place to hang out, and the addiction to this website doesnt stop, I think it gets worse. LOL

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have also been here a little over two years now since when we adopted our first GSD (seems like a lot longer than two years) and I have been directed by the veterans to some incredible resources and found some truly wonderful people here.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
this has to be the best forum I have ever belonged to
I have received alot of great advice, met a lot of awesome people, made some great friends, of course there have been some jerks too but you learn to ignore them.

but all in all I love this place and its great to know I'm not the only crazy GSD lover around!!

Great post

·
Registered
27,206 Posts

I started here when Onyx was a pup. The help I have received has been amazing, from the misdiagnosed, poor position hip xray-her fear aggression management and finding the perfect breeder for my puppy. I shudder to think if I had gone thru with the surgery on her hip that my vet recommended! Or what would have happened if I hadn't found the resources to manage her aggression.
Never would have known about Karlos breeder without this site!

This site is addicting, you can dig so deep in almost anything you have a question on and get accurate information.
Because we are all passionate about the breed, we better it!
GSD owners have a certain mentality, IMO -or they would be lab lovers! Not to say there is anything wrong with labs...

·
Banned
290 Posts
I can't say enough about this site. The people and dogs here are my "extended pack" LOL. I have gotten advice here that I will forever be thankful for!! It's also great to share what I learned from others to help people who might be having a tough time. I appreciate nobody being judgemental, the advice IS accurate, and it's great reading material when I'm up at night or bored LOL. What a nice post you started!

·
Banned
31,833 Posts
This is a great site.

Some people are blunt, don't beat around the bush so to speak, and you have to kind of accept that.

We are passionate about the breed so some of the threads can be that way.

Also, there is no way to get this many people from different areas, different countries and cultures, and have everyone agree on everything. But by and far people are respectful to one another.

People grow to know each other's dogs and love pictures and care when people are having problems with their dogs, behaviorwise and healthwise.

I like that people remember that we are a "G" rated site. And even in the most contraversial areas, people avoid bashing eachother.

There is plenty of information here, and I have changed a lot of what I originally thought about caring for our dogs. Hopefully, we can improve dogs' lives one dog at a time, by welcoming new members, and being open to new ideas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts