German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE OTHER DAY ME AND ROCKY WERE OUTSIDE. I HAD HIM RUNNING AROUND CHASING A LASER. THEN OUT OF NO WHERE ROCKY'S LEFT HEAR WENT UP AND HE STARTED LOOKING AT SOMETHING. NEXT THING YOU KNOW ITS A LITTLE DOG(NOT SURE WHAT KIND). THEN ROCKY JUST GOES OFF. HE RAN UPTO IT AND STARTED SNIFFING IT. THEN IT STARTED RUNNING AWAY AND ROCKY STARTED CHASING. THE DOG GOES BACK TO HIS GARAGE(ABOUT 6 HOUSES AWAY). AND THE OWNER COMES OUTSIDE AND TRYS TO SCARE ROCKY AWAY BUT IT DIDNT WORK. THEN I CALL HIM TOWARDS ME AND PUT HIM ON HIS LEASH.

AND HERES THE FUNNY PART. THE GUY TELLS ME THAT I SHOULD LEARN TO KEEP MY DOG ON HIS LEASH.
PS WE WERE IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. HIS DOG WAS THE ONE WHO CAME TO THE FRONT OF OUR YARD. THEN HE JUST STARTED BADMOUTHING ME AND MY BABY ROCKY.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

·
Registered
32,035 Posts
That's great, he's yelling at you when his dog came over to your house. Unreal.

However, he is right too. Your dog should never be able to chase his dog to where he comes out and tries to scare him away. That is dangerous.

And there is a thread about the dangers of lasers. I guess dogs can become ocd chasing lasers. It may be a good read, and then you can decide if it is information that you want to use or not. Just throwing it out there.

Cool about his ear going up.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
To be honest, both of you guys are wrong. His dog should have been leashed, but so should yours if you don't have full control over your dog. What happens if a car comes around the corner while your pup is chasing that other dog back home? Stuff like that happens.

Also, agreed with everyones advice to stop with the laser pointers. It develops OCD type behavior. Try a flirt pole if your pup likes to chase things. At least with the flirt pole, there's a reward once the object is caught. With the laser pointers, your pup is never rewarded with catching anything. He's just chasing a light that can never be caught.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts