German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, the joys of having a new puppy in the house! I'm fortunate to have such a patient girl. She doesn't care for small pups too much, and prefers them once they reach 5 months old or so and can actually interact with them a bit more.

We brought out Briard pup home last week so she's adjusting. She's been very polite to him though despite his awkward puppyness.

The look on her face is priceless. My poor Pandora, she will feel better once she can boss him around a bit more.

..not a GSD but everyone loves puppies so I hope I can post them! Kafka is 10 weeks old this week!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I really love the first pic, she is being very patient, lol!
Very cute puppy, congrats :)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Oh! Thank you so much for posting these pictures! I absolutely LOVE Briards. Amazing dogs that I just don't get to see much at all any more, now that I am not involved in showing.

I hope you post a whole bunch of pictures.
Sheilah

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Sheilah, I am sure I will!

His breeder would like me to show him...but i'm pretty unfamiliar with the dog show world. I'm fortunate she only lives 2 hours away and offered to travel to Charlotte to do his first few shows and mentor me as well. It's hard to pass up that opportunity! I personally want to do agility with him and formal obedience as well. His classes start in two weeks.

I do some agility with Pandora but she's leash reactive and it's been a difficult habit to break, since she calms down as soon as she's on the course but goes nuts up to that point. She's not mean, and once dogs come close enough for her to sniff and interact with she's fine. It's strange. I've been working with her for years on it and sometimes she'll be great and other times certain things set her off.

Other than that she's great. She goes to an indoor dog daycare where I'm told she's wonderful with all the other dogs, so I have no idea! She did get bit by a dog when she was about 5 months old on her neck..a stray dog ran up to us and ended up biting her. I don't think she's ever forgotten about it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one is my first. My family always had German Shepherds..and i'll always have one in my family as well. I fell in love with with a Briard my aunt owned when I was growing up..but they are so hard to find!

I'm fortunate to have found a great breeder in North Carolina. So, I think i'll always have the best of both worlds...a GSD and a Briard in my family.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I love the pictures. Both of your dogs are beautiful. In the first picture Pandora seems to be saying "Why is he touching me" based on her facial expression.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Poor Pandora! lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts