German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on another forum, not a dog forum. Anyways someone said that they had the best way to house train a puppy! They said as soon as the puppy goes in the house, they wipe JALAPENO JUICE on the puppy's bum!! They never go in the house again! That is just wrong on so many levels. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets! :mad:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Really?

You should say, well then if you have kids and they smear their poo on the walls... Try that and let me know how it works out.

(No, I don't condone child abuse at all).

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
What?!?! That is awful! And how on earth would this help teach the dog that he needs to go outside? Someone should put jalapeno juice on their bum and see how they like it.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
What an IDIOTIC thing to do!!! What will happen is that the puppy will be afraid to potty at ALL associating not the pottying in the house, but the pottying period with the pain.
Just a nice way to traumatize a pup and create life-long potty issues.
Idiots!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Man there are some real sickos in this world. How about posting where you read this?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Amazing that our dogs are held to a higher standard (AKC, etc.) while any jackass human can just take one home... hmmm....
:mad:

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
::? Chatty Mamas ?:: Group - CafeMom

I don't know if you can read this without being a member but I am posting a link in case you can. Here's what she said. I copied and pasted from the forum in case you can't use the link.

Hubby has a wake of breaking the dogs from doing things they aren't supposed to.... he uses jalapeno juice against them.... wipe their tush with it and he broke them after just the second time of pottying in my house.... i would think maybe put a little on his mouth when ya catch him would get his attention since he already knows he's doing wrong... the butt might toughen but i don't think i could get used to that spice and burning just over stuffed animals.... Maybe?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you are ok with wiping your dog's butt, I don't see how you aren't ok with cleaning up a little poo..... !!!!

That is so mean....the dog will be traumatized by anyone who goes near it's rear end forever. Wow, how clever!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I know why the dogs were potty trained after the second time.... Because they were too traumatized to potty again after that. I know I would be.

Poor dogs. And sometimes I think I'm neglecting my dog because his walk is 10 minutes shorter than normal.....

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
What an IDIOTIC thing to do!!! What will happen is that the puppy will be afraid to potty at ALL associating not the pottying in the house, but the pottying period with the pain.
Just a nice way to traumatize a pup and create life-long potty issues.
Idiots!
exactly! I get so frustrated with things like this. Its even worse than the old rub their nose in it :mad:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
people can be soooooo ignorant!!!!! Makes me want to hunt them down and beat the **** out of them!

·
Registered
143 Posts
To me, this is the same thing as putting hot sauce in a child's mouth for lying. All it does it teach a child to be sneakier. I just don't see where causing pain to a human or an animal teaches anything.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I would never allow my spouse to punish a canine action with a reaction that causes physical pain. Not in my house. I would not have any respect for him if he even suggested doing something like that. Nope, won't happen in my house.

·
Registered
32,873 Posts
::? Chatty Mamas ?:: Group - CafeMom

I don't know if you can read this without being a member but I am posting a link in case you can. Here's what she said. I copied and pasted from the forum in case you can't use the link.

Hubby has a wake of breaking the dogs from doing things they aren't supposed to.... he uses jalapeno juice against them.... wipe their tush with it and he broke them after just the second time of pottying in my house.... i would think maybe put a little on his mouth when ya catch him would get his attention since he already knows he's doing wrong... the butt might toughen but i don't think i could get used to that spice and burning just over stuffed animals.... Maybe?
holy crap! These ppl have children?!? "the butt might toughen"? how do you respond in a civilized way to something like that?

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A veterinarian got on and set her straight, along with a couple of others. They actually got ridiculed for being fanatics and then the thread was locked. So no, I didn't get the chance to say anything, but that group is full of ignorance!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.