German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,007 Posts
I am glad you did the right thing. It does sound like you have realized that you bit off more than you could chew. GSD are high maintenance, some more than others. Hopefully you will learn some great tips here to help you with the dog you still have.

· Registered
3,007 Posts
Well they did not give her long! Why did they say it was not working out?

· Registered
3,007 Posts
I also agree, everyone has a breaking point and the OP has reached his. Better to realize his mistake and try to make it right by the dog than dumping her. We are all human and we all make mistakes, it takes a big person to admit it.

Contact the breeder if you can, contact local rescues. See if someone with more knowledge can come test her, she may not be as dominate as you think. In the mean time work with her as much as possible and be careful of possible future homes. Good luck.

· Registered
3,007 Posts
Update : Moxie's doing great ! I give her double the exercise as my other shepherd and that has worked out a lot of her behavior issues. I'm keeping her and investing the proper time into keeping her happy and inline. Thank you to all who gave me advise ; learning is a difficult, time consuming, frustrating process that can be insulting at times but will be great in the end. Thank you all (except the truck driver/writer) and I'll be lurking around here learning more.
Happy to hear the good news! You have to take what some on this forum say with a grain of salt. Most are very nice and very willing to help. Keep us posted on your progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.