German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
14,562 Posts
first time dog owner with 2 dogs snarling and snapping
at each other. i say you did something wrong in your training.
you left 2 dogs unattended in your yard and they got out.
that's one of the many reason i don't leave my dog unattended.
now that your dogs got out once they know how to do it. keep
an eye out on your dog. is your dog trained? you could teach
him not to leave the yard when the gate is open. you could teach
him boundaries so he doesn't leave your property.

i don't have that sentiment "oh, poor guy had to rehome his dog",
my feelings are you had to rehome your dog because you weren't
responsible enough for her welfare. on the other hand you did
the right thing by rehoming one. train, socialize and take care of the one you have. you can start by leaving your dog in the yard unattended.

· Banned
14,562 Posts
you're a first time dog that has 2 dogs, um.

Well Doggiedad thanks for your input, I guess. I re.homed Moxie also because she was so high energy that having her cooped up in the house was starting to cause behavior problems and that's not fair to her. The solution would have been a LOT more exercise which is what her new place will provide her with.

As for the snarling and snapping issue : we got our female Moxie then 4 months later brought our male "Thello" into the picture and it took awhile for them to get along but Moxie would still pick on him causing skirmishes and since I have a 7 month old baby with the possibility of another baby on the horizon I decided that having two shepherds around two little kids is too much risk. Yes I could have done better but how much better ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.