German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was studying for an exam and all was peaceful. The glass door to the basement was closed, and I guess Stuart the cat decided to hang out on the stairs and taunt Chrono through the glass. All of the sudden he got up and SMASHED through the door with such incredible speed and force. The sound of shattering glass scared the crap out of me(almost spilled my hot chocolate:eek::eek::eek:).

Normally, I can call Chrono back when he chases the cats, but this time he chose to ignore me and chased Stuart throughout the house(managing not to break anything else). His hackles were up when I reached him, but Stuart was fine. Hopefully she'll stop teasing him now.

He has high prey drive(obviously, he just went through a friggin' door) and loves to chase the cats, but I don't let him. Stuart is actually the cat he likes to chase the least, so this was really surprising. He's never hurt the cats before, but I've never let his chasing escalate so I don't know what he is capable of if he was too amped up.

(Took this after cleaning up most of it already and picking the glass shards out of the sides of three of the panels.)
Right through the door! He broke the flimsy metal piece between the two bottom panels(already removed in the picture) and busted 4 glass panels. He went through the bottom two, and he bent the metal piece under the top two which shattered them. Somehow there's not a scratch on him, minus a little bit of fur I found on the metal part.

Ebil, ebil cat....

Resting. Because, you know, breaking glass doors is so much work.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Wow!!!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Note to self: If I am ever a cat when I come back to Earth, do not tease Chrono.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
WOW that's frightening

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
cover the bottom portion of the door with something solid
so Chrono can't see through it.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Wow! What a good thing that Chrono didn't get hurt!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
OMG I have nightmares of Neek doing something like this:eek::eek:
He busted out 2 windows in my outdoor shed going to a rat or possum?? that was in there!
calm down Chrono, the kitty is just teasing you:laugh:
PS love the look on evil kittys face:)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, that's insane! I've always worried about Sigurd going through the front windows... he literally smashes himself on them when he sees the neighbours cat walking through our yard. Of course I put him in his cage the moment I see him do that!!
There's a ginormous window in the front that I'm always scared Chrono will break, but somehow, he(so far) respects all the other windows in the house. Even when there's a cat outside, he just stands in front of the window and stares at it quietly. It's just this door he seems to have an issue with.

This is actually the second time he's went through this glass door. The first time was when he was a pup. He came whipping down the stairs and smashed his head through one panel. We replaced it thinking he was just young and needed to learn what glass was, but I guess all he learned was that he could go through that door if he really wanted to.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
That's one determined dog!

I had to put frosted film on the lower portion of my patio door because Balto ran right into it when he was a little puppy. I'm so glad he didn't break it.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I had to cover the bottom of our all glass door because of the shepherds constantly up on the door wrestling/hitting it. I was afraid they would bust it. We have since replaced that door with one with a solid bottom more sturdy. Those all glass doors are pretty but can be dangerous with shepherds and those darn prey drives of theirs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts