German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From reading all the training tips here...Jackson will be 10 weeks old on Tuesday...he is now house broken, he rings the bell and sits at the door to go outside, comes on command and sits on command...

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Wow, all that at 10 weeks! We are good!!!!

But I'm thinking some of the credit goes to you too!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally Posted By: MaggieRoseLeeWow, all that at 10 weeks! We are good!!!!

Maybe a little bit...but I think he is a pretty smart boy...its so much fun to watch him learn new things.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Originally Posted By: Helly
Originally Posted By: MaggieRoseLeeWow, all that at 10 weeks! We are good!!!!

Maybe a little bit...but I think he is a pretty smart boy...its so much fun to watch him learn new things.
You definately deserve credit for this as you are the one who taught him it. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
If I may ask - How'd you do it? I am sure there is something you are doing that I am not and I'd like to do that, too!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally Posted By: MandalayIf I may ask - How'd you do it? I am sure there is something you are doing that I am not and I'd like to do that, too!!
I don't sleep and my house is a wreck!!

I'm sure no expert, my husband is the "dog trainer" but I wanted to do this myself....consistency...patience...consistency...patience...treats...did I mention consistency and patience? When I would take him out, I would sit him down, say Go outside and take his little paw and make him hit the bell...then praise the heck out of him...it finally started working..if he asks to go outside he grabs the bell in his mouth, pulls back and lets go....if I tell him to ring the bell he hits it with his nose...we never go outside without ringing the bell...and treats, I didn't start out with treats for good behavior, but that's what has worked with Jackson. I think at this point he would almost run the vacuum for a "cookie"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts