German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy is a bit of a "what's in it for me" kind of guy and also associates different activities between me and dh. I.e., he likes back yard fetch with dh and he prefers just hanging out there quietly with me. Didn't mean for that to happen but....

Recently dh bought a used ride on mower. Yesterday dh was away and I wanted to give him a bit of cardio workout. Grabbed his ball and hopped on the mower, hadn't started it yet, His eyes lit up and his body came to life. tried climbing up with me. Threw the ball, and drove away (did not have the blade going at all). Chases me at a fast trot with ball in mouth for a lap, put the mower in park, hop off, grab the ball from him yea! now I'm as exciting a fetch player as dh. Lol.

I love this new toy.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have always thought the best toys are the ones with engines; my husband the musician does not share this viewpoint. Its been 10 years and he is working up a little bit of interest in offroading with me. I would be trying to sell hubby on the idea that you need a genuine 4-wheeler of your own now so the dog does not associate mowing with fun.

Sounds like your boy would be game to ride with you too although that would defeat any exercise!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts