German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miami Police Officers and their K9 Dogs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-05-01, 9:46AM EDT

Hello-I am personally pleading for your help and then after doing this I would appreciate you copying/pasting this to all your animal contacts and asking them to do what I am asking you and they forward it on.

You might have heard on tv about the two Miami police officers that killed there K9 units. These innocent creatures were given to these officers and these officers were supposed to care for them not abuse and kill them. Both officers are going to trial soon - Rondale Brown who starved his beautiful 4 year old blood hound to death goes to trial on May 19th. Alan Cockfield who kicked his german shepard Duke to death goes to trial on July 28th. I have been working with the television stations and have brought the HSUS into this. I just got off the phone with the deputy director of animal cruelty issues for HSUS and the states attorney in Miami who is handling both cases. They both want calls from people to the states attorney asking for convictions of these men. they are going to take all the names and quotes/requests before the judge when these officers go to trial. Please I am begging you to call the assistant states attorney - be very nice but tell her what you think and why these men should be found guilty. If you or I killed a K9 unit we would be charged and convicted of a third degree felony. Both of these officers have been charged with animal cruelty and killing a K9 unit. Both are third degree felonies. If convicted of a felony they will no longer be permitted to be officers and get some other form of punishment.

Please call assistant state attorney Isis Perez at 305-547-0664 and make your feelings known. Also please pass this on to any other animal lovers you can think of that will make this cal and ask them to do the same.

Help me to help those that cannot speak for themselves.
Thank you.

Kathy

Here are a couple of links to the stories:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=218670

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/miami-fl/TA0QS5OLN0M03G6SF/p7

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just called and they just take your name and comment and log it to present to the judge.
They ask what your comment is and mine was that these guys have no business being police officers if this is the way they treat an animal. I want them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
She thanked me and hopefully, it will do some good.

Brigitte

·
Registered
460 Posts
Done. I'll make sure everyone I knows calls.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Done. I'll make sure everyone I knows calls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts