German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to some info from a new forum member, raemandrea, I was able to track down Pimg's pedigree! How cool!

It's quite a mix, and the mother line is not much to speak of as far as I can tell. Well- the sire line isn't either, but going back 5 generations there is both working and show lines. I suppose if you go back far enough in any pedigree you're likely to find working lines- but 5 generations isn't that far, is it?

Pretty neat! I've imported it all to PDB (that was a lot of work): Pimg

PDB doesn't display the color. So here's a REALLY interesting clip from the mother line from the AKC pedigree view:

I can tell you I didn't expect to find a whole line of white GSDs in there...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Cool! I love the picture you used of Pimg for the PDB :)

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! I love the picture you used of Pimg for the PDB :)
Yeah... :eek: It's a little hilarious. :wub:

I only bought the AKC "online research" pedigree which expires after some time. So this puts it there forever.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
That's awesome! :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's cool. Does it cost to put your dog on there? I found Jerry Lee's great gandpa on that site.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On PDB? No. But it did cost me $17 to get it from AKC.

·
Registered
27,278 Posts
Thats really cool that you were able to get her lineage. I would love to have Onyx's, just so I could understand her a bit better!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Willy, you can download the pedigree to your computer.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It looks like Pimg and Ruger are related through Rick v.Tiekerhook. Its cool how if you go back far enough you can find a relationship in any two (GSD) pedigrees.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
I don't recognize the registration number on Pimg's mother. Do you know what it represents?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No, I don't have any idea. That's directly from what AKC returned. It might be PAL/IPL. Pimg is registered as PAL/IPL but I don't have her number with me right now. I can check after work...

[EDIT]- nope, Pimg's number starts with "PAL".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your welcome! So glad I could offer a little help. So cool that our dogs are related. Never thought I would find that on an online forum!! :)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
wildo I don't think it's a PAL/ILP number,, the dog would have had to be spayed to get one.

I know when I had an ILP on one of my dogs (before the pal system)..The reg was ILP#### as a reg number..

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wildo I don't think it's a PAL/ILP number,, the dog would have had to be spayed to get one.

I know when I had an ILP on one of my dogs (before the pal system)..The reg was ILP#### as a reg number..
Yep- see my edit. Pimg's IPL number starts with "PAL"

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
missed it:) I wonder what that number means tho? Maybe AKC can tell you? I have never seen that type of reg number either..just curious

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Cool!

The dam's number is curious. When I lookup that number with the AKC I get nothing. I wonder if it's another registry?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah- but that's the thing. Can a dog be AKC registered if both parents are not AKC registered? This is the pedigree from Pimg's brother "Wagler Farm's Ab" who has a proper AKC number. That said, I was sure to purchase the pedigree even if only partial since I figured some dogs would be missing. And in the picture I posted at the beginning of the thread you see that K&K's Molly is in black, not blue. So she seems to be missing. I guess I'm not sure how it all works. Maybe "UR" means unregistered? But if that's the case, how could Ab be registered?

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Yes, Nikon is AKC and both parents are not. His father has never set foot on American soil.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts