German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally made the call to have Lukas's neuturing appointment booked he has it done on July 8th (Just short 3 days before turning 2). I probably wouldn't be so nervous, but he is also crypto. And my vet confirmed that the bulge beside his winkie was the retained testicle which made me feel a little better, just that they dont have to go in searching for it. I trust my vet and know that he will take good care of him. But after I found out that if everything goes good, Lukas can come home the same day I was releived. I thought I would have to set my tent up and stay over at the vets. We do not have children except the furry kind. And I worry sick when they have to go for a procedure, or they are away from home for any reason. The surgery cost will run around $235.00 CDN which I was expecting alot more, money dosent matter when it comes to my furry babies. It will be a long day for me. I just hope there are no complications during the surgery. All prayers are welcome.

Thanks

Lori & Lukas

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
best wishes and keep us up todate

·
Registered
913 Posts
I am having surgery on the 8th also. So, while I am going under anesthesia, I will be thinking of Lukas and saying a prayer that he does well with his neuter. It will help take my mind off me!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'll send those prayers for peace and health! Please update us afterward!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Good luck,

Good price Jesse was done 1 week shy of 6 months (under contract). Here was the prices we were charged for the surgery

Casteration $244.65
Pre-Aniesthetic Blood tests - $58.00
IV Fluids $50.00
Metacam (pain meds) $25.72
Laser (was used to make incision) $77.00
E-Collar $11.00

Plus taxes. Bill added up to more than I thought it would be.

Yup Jesse went into the vets around 8:30 a.m. and we were able to pick him up around 5:00 p.m. and he came home looking normal and just fine.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Originally Posted By: Lukas's Mom And my vet confirmed that the bulge beside his winkie was the retained testicle which made me feel a little better, just that they dont have to go in searching for it.
Lori & Lukas
Are you are talking about the "bulge" that you can sometimes see part way between the opening of his sheath and where his testicle/s are? If so that is NOT the "missing" testicle.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Originally Posted By: SherushGood luck,

Good price Jesse was done 1 week shy of 6 months (under contract). Here was the prices we were charged for the surgery

Casteration $244.65
IV Fluids $50.00
E-Collar $11.00

Yup Jesse went into the vets around 8:30 a.m. and we were able to pick him up around 5:00 p.m. and he came home looking normal and just fine.
I think I should move back to Canada
I just paid over $800 for neuter and hip xrays.

Ghost was only there for a couple of hours and by the next day was back to his old, energetic self!

kris

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Tracey,

Actually, when I took Lukas to the vet's, our vet Lex said the exact same thing to me untill he did a physical exam down there and he agreed that it was his missing testicle.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Then it must not be the same thing I am talking about. Because what I am talking about is present even if the male has 2 testicles descended into the scrotum.(sp)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure, but Lex (Lukas's vet) did mention something simular to what you talked about in your message when I mention to him about the lump I seen. Lukas has a golf ball size lump (maybe a bit bigger than that) on the right side of his winkie. His shows up everytime he sits, and you cant help but notice it due to the size. I will admit that I am stupid when it comes to dog anatomy. But after he examined Lukas he mentioned to me that it was the testicle. I wasn't sure when I seen it the first time, I was concerned that it was a cyst of some sort. We will find out for sure Tuesday. This is my first crypto, and the fourth male shepherd my husband and I have owned and the only one we have had to get neutuered. I just pray that everything goes smoothly for Lukas.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Originally Posted By: SimplySleepie
Originally Posted By: SherushGood luck,

Casteration $244.65
IV Fluids $50.00
E-Collar $11.00

I think I should move back to Canada
I just paid over $800 for neuter and hip xrays.

Ghost was only there for a couple of hours and by the next day was back to his old, energetic self!

kris
Wow!!! My WHOLE bill was $250 x-rays are an addtional $90

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all for all of the prayers and well wishes, Lukas is recoverying from his surgery. Keeping him quiet and comfortable with lots of kisses for a speedy recovery. Also, to Shepsrgr8 I hope your surgery was successfull, and I hope you have a quick recovery.

Thanks again to all,

Lori & Lukas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts