German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a female GSD. People tell me she's a light sable & a regular sable. I have even had people tell me that she is a mix with a Malinois because she's so light colored (I think this is funny because I know both of her parents and she's AKC registered). She's not the lightest coloring that I've seen but I want to know what color y'all thought she was. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
She's a pattern sable :) Colouring is black and tan and pattern seems to be a blanket, though she could be considered a saddle pattern

·
Registered
31,708 Posts
She's a sable with a saddle pattern. Very pretty!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
She looks just like Fiona in coloring. Fiona has been called the dog from person of interest. When I tell them, no she is a GSD. They still argue she is a Malinos. Crazy!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
She's a patterned sable. That's it.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
I would not call her a pattern sable .
Very unusual to have such bright points , near white feet and very whitish inner thighs .

Do you know what her parents were like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Her coat always looks so different in different lighting. I'm not sure if her coloring has anything to do with this (since I'm still new to a lot of this) she's working line. I had heard that the show line have different coat lengths and (i think) the coloring is a little different. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, her mom is a Czech import and her dad *i think* is a German import. I'm positive about her but not 100% sure that he is. I will have to find out from my husband's aunt (she owns both parents)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
I don't know .
Dog has same as the sire
Better picture of dad
Attached Thumbnails

If you showed me that picture without any comments I would look at it and guess that what I am seeing is a very washed out black and tan.

It's a new one on me .

wonder what his pedigree is?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Im new to the whole dog thing, I saw a couple recently at training who had white feet and I thought mutt. But now I do see sometimes there are white points. Not as pretty to me as my girls tarheels and pencil toes.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
I don't know .
Dog has same as the sire
Better picture of dad
Attached Thumbnails

If you showed me that picture without any comments I would look at it and guess that what I am seeing is a very washed out black and tan.

It's a new one on me .

wonder what his pedigree is?
Is it possible that it is just the lighting. She doesn't seem to have them in the other pictures.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Shadow gets 'has a malinois heritage' thing as well. From the google images malinois do have similarities so I'm guessing that's where it's coming from :-\

To me she has a very classic GSD look, and she's purebred, but her mom was reddish-tan (like Shadow's ears) over most of her body. I'm the same with little knowledge of the intricacies of the various breeds, though.

Shadow last month:

·
Banned
8,988 Posts

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
well as a pup she looks to be sable.
knowing the rest of the pedigree might help , especially the sire's side since he has the same brights.

many times we have had "sable" appearing dogs mentioned on the forum that came from matings with a white gsd in the background.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sierra's feet aren't white, they're a light cream color. I think it's the lighting on camera that makes them appear white :D I don't have her AKC papers on hand because they're in storage. My husband is in the military so we have left them with my mother in law for safe-keeping. Although, I did find her brother "ZJ" from the exact same litter on pedigree database's website.

Viljestark's ZJ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts