German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sophie doesn't shed like ryder does...His coat is dull, harsh and sheds like crazy, i can brush him 3-4 days a week and still get a buy-low bag full of fur everytime...

Sophie on the other had, she has a soft, thick nice coat, **** i dont even have to brush that girl...I have gotten one good brushing from her and she just turned 1...other than that she doesn't hardly shed, but ryder omg...they are so different.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If she just turned one that is why she hasn't blown yet...too young and winter is coming on. She will blow huge come next spring! (sorry to break it to you) :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thyroid for ryder?

Oh i am waiting on it...just funny, i can brush one and make a blanket and nothing with the other

·
Registered
445 Posts
Riley and Apollo are like that. Riley is 8 months and sheds sooooo bad! Apollo is 1 yr and 4 months and hardly sheds at all. He is like the last GSD I had, at least the texture of his hair. Riley's hair is coarse and thick and sheds bad. Apollo's is course but softer than Riley's. I brush them everyday and always get more off of Riley than APollo.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I don't understand either!!

I can't really compare my dog's shedding since one just got his adult hair and the other has had it for almost a year. But my Lab's shedding is disgusting! I mean white hairs are everywhere and it started when he was 5 months old and has not let up at all. It's so sick I mean it's everywhere no matter what I do. I have 3 different brushes, I bathe him, his coat is soft, but it's just constantly blowing 24/7. It's easily worse than my husky/GSD mix's ever was!!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I don't know, I've never had a dog that sheds much outside of spring coat blowing season. My current boy has a nice soft, smooth coat that pretty much doesn't shed most of the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts