German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I have a German Shepherd!!

This afternoon, someone is ringing my doorbell. Shane was in the garage cooling off after our little walk/run/play session (the garage is A LOT cooler than the house right now), so he didn't greet this stranger at the door.

I look out the window, and there is a strange man there. Never seen, have no idea who he is. I stick my head out and asked if I could help him. He says in a very heavy Russian accent "I'm here for the basement." Now my father will let me know who is coming or going in house and he never told me any Russian guy was going to stop by. So I asked his name and told him to wait outside and I go get my dad (he wasn't home at the time). Instead I went to let Shane in the house (to make me feel better). Right away, Shane went straight for the door, saw the man standing there and went into a barking frenzy. Normally I don't allow this, but I was getting a bad feeling about this guy and I didn't like the way he looked at me, so I let Shane go to town.

Shane comes back into the Kitchen to let me know there is someone out there. My dad tells me to tell the guy to leave he didn't want him to do the basement (not a good guy). I go to open the door to stick my head out to let the guy know we won't need his services. He got scared thought I was going to let the dog out, and ran for his truck. I am sorry, I would normally feel bad, and let the people know he is friendly, but this guy gave me BAD vibes. Besides, I never seen someone who had a legit reason to be there, run off like that. I didn't trust him AT ALL! And think Shane felt the same. I never been more proud of him.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Definitely trust your gut, it will never let you down. And, it seems as though you weren't the only one that had a bad feeling about this man ... Shane apparently knew it wasn't right. Good Boy, Shane! Good job!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Good Job Shane, that is just one more thing I love about GSD. If Rocky doen't like someone there is a reason, so I always trust his instincts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When my girl acts like that I don't even open the door, I holler out the kitchen window. My door is always locked anyway, because Liberty figured out how to open it. We are in the country and you never know who's gonna show up at the door. GSD's are the best state of the art security system ever. What other system can tell friend or foe in the dark? Shane gets an "attaboy" !!!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Good for Shane!!!! Always trust your first gut instincts, it's saved me a few times. Just 2 weeks ago, it was about 10:30 pm, I was alone, as Df was working, and I had 2 men come to my door knocking 2 nights in a row, I live in the country, so I dare not open the door to strange men, they looked as though they were up to no good, but once they got a look at the 2 big GSD's through the window barking, growling and drueling, they quickly left and have yet to return.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts