German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These dogs are going to drive me NUTS!

With Frag, he'll take one or two toys out of his basket everyday to destroy and we have to clean the house once.

With Bailey, they end up taking all but 4 or 5 toys from the basket and destroying them, fighting over them, or just throwing them about. I go behind 4-5 times a day to pick up all the toys and just as soon as I do, Bailey decides she's not content chewing on a pig ear and must antagonize Frag with all of the toys that I just picked up, one by one.

:headbang:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Funny

I am sure to you it's not anymore, but that's funny. I only have one dog, but what she does is when I leave the back door open so she can go in and out, she will bring all her toys out in the yard one by one. Then later, I have to go outside and find them all, or try to anyway....lol It's a pain sometimes, but I always find it funny and laugh at her about draggin all her toys out.....lol

·
Registered
30,371 Posts
Sounds like good practice for having kids. :) Sorry...no sympathy here after 2 children of my own, 7 younger brothers and sisters and 3 dogs.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will NEVER have children if dogs are any indicator. At least they'll understand and maybe sometimes listen when I tell them to pick 'em up!

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
I hate it when they take the inside toys out! We have hardly anything left in the house. I'm just waiting for the thaw and we can uncover all the lost favorites. My dogs don't destroy what they have, because I won't buy the toys they will destroy...meaning all stuffies!
Balls/nylabones are the staple around here...I wish I could have some of those cute plushies around.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate it when they take the inside toys out! We have hardly anything left in the house. I'm just waiting for the thaw and we can uncover all the lost favorites. My dogs don't destroy what they have, because I won't buy the toys they will destroy...meaning all stuffies!
Balls/nylabones are the staple around here...I wish I could have some of those cute plushies around.
There's no toy I could buy for the Rat Terrier that she wouldn't destroy. :( And she's young and a chewer, so I don't have much choice but to quench her thirst, or it will be my couch paying for it. Frag isn't much of a murderer, but he does get a stuffy or two a week to play with and he'll destroy it after about a week. He doesn't really play with anything else except for tennis balls, and he destroys those too. Frag won't touch a nylabone unfortunately, and I buy a lot of nylabone & hard plastic type chews for Bailey, but she destroys them in about an hour. :eek:

between my kids and the dogs, I just learn to watch where I'm walking. And we NEVER walk through the living room in the dark....
Oh yes, that is definitely a NO NO in our house as well!

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha Doggie, you must live in a much bigger house than I. With 2 dogs and upwards of 30 toys, the living room is covered and there's no where to move without them being in the way. It just gets way too cluttered, especially with baby guts everywhere as well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
it's actually funny this thread came up, today for some reason Riley has gotten out almost all of her toys from her toy basket. they're laying all over the floor. usually there's only one or two she gets out.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my house is small and i have one dog. 2 dogs and 30 toys
laying around that's a lot. ROTFL. teach your dogs to put
their toys away or lock the toy box. :crazy: maybe you should get the Toy Zapper I. if your dog takes more than one toy at a time they get a zap. you can set up to 5 toys out at once before they get a zap.

Haha Doggie, you must live in a much bigger house than I. With 2 dogs and upwards of 30 toys, the living room is covered and there's no where to move without them being in the way. It just gets way too cluttered, especially with baby guts everywhere as well.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Kelso has a routine where he thinks he has to drag out most of his "favorite" toys from his box every...single...night...
Then he falls asleep with them...but not until he has his favorites dragged out/toppled over the toy box.

Hey, at least he puts them all in one spot!!

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my house is small and i have one dog. 2 dogs and 30 toys
laying around that's a lot. ROTFL. teach your dogs to put
their toys away or lock the toy box. :crazy: maybe you should get the Toy Zapper I. if your dog takes more than one toy at a time they get a zap. you can set up to 5 toys out at once before they get a zap.
I wish the box would lock. It's just a big wicker basket though. And if I took toys away from the little one, she'd just chew apart my couch. :rolleyes:

I have thought of teaching them to put their toys away though. Frag started learning last year and could put a few away if I was sitting right there, but I'm sure he's forgot now.

Lol, Kelso, that picture is hilarious!

·
Registered
30 Posts
DJEtzel , I read a few posts back that you have a dog that is an avid chewer i believe. I just wanted to recommend Elk Antler for your dog to chew on. I have 4 dogs , one being a pit and another being a german shepherd , and they will destroy any toy no matter what it says about it being durable. The elk antlers will last a very long time , plus its healthy for them. Just a suggestion though , some dogs may not like them. good luck with the chewing

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DJEtzel , I read a few posts back that you have a dog that is an avid chewer i believe. I just wanted to recommend Elk Antler for your dog to chew on. I have 4 dogs , one being a pit and another being a german shepherd , and they will destroy any toy no matter what it says about it being durable. The elk antlers will last a very long time , plus its healthy for them. Just a suggestion though , some dogs may not like them. good luck with the chewing
That's a very good idea, thank you for the suggestion! Do you know where I could order some? I think my rat terrier would love them, I've never had a need for them before since my GSD isn't much of a chewer in general.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's a very good idea, thank you for the suggestion! Do you know where I could order some? I think my rat terrier would love them, I've never had a need for them before since my GSD isn't much of a chewer in general.
I get mine at a local store called bark avenue. I dont think they have a website though. I also get them the achilles tendons from some animal , i forget what it is.lol.

America's Best Prices on all-natural Antler Dog Chews

Get the ones that have the picture of the pocket knife in them as comparable size. Ive never used this place before because like I said I get them from my store where I get their food but they look the same. They are wonderful!

·
Registered
940 Posts
I will NEVER have children if dogs are any indicator. At least they'll understand and maybe sometimes listen when I tell them to pick 'em up!
LMAO! I wish you could see my living room now :) Right now it is the kiddo's toys and later it will be the dog's toys. At least at night I can get the kiddo to "help" pick them up :)

between my kids and the dogs, I just learn to watch where I'm walking. And we NEVER walk through the living room in the dark....
Oh, yeah. I can't believe how painful some things are to step on - legos, wooden blocks, bully sticks...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts