German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we already have him placed. But, OMG! You have no idea how much self control I have had to exert!
Sheilah

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
That's a handsome dog! Not sure whether to congratulate you on your will power, or feel sorry for you that it held up LOL! It's probably for the best though...darn it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't have another dog...I can't have another dog...I can't have another dog...

But he is so awesome! But he is so awesome! But he is so awesome!

I can't have another dog...I can't have another dog...I can't have another dog...
Sheilah
What is the deal with this dog if you are not going to take it

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is the deal with this dog if you are not going to take it

This dog is available at my local animal shelter. I put the word out and it looks like there is interest through our state group. I always prefer to see GSDs go to breed knowledgeable homes when they come in as strays and there is zero information to go on. Less chance they bounce back into the shelter (or end up on Craigslist) when the adopter knows what they are getting into.

Now, having said that...this dog really "speaks" to me. If I had the time I would be the one to name him (Owen, in case anyone is interested) and train him (in agility, again in case anyone is interested). But I have zero free time. Between working 60+ hours a week (I teach fourth grade) and being heavily involved with my horses, I have no free time at this point. I can't even foster.
Sheilah

·
Registered
56 Posts
This dog is available at my local animal shelter. I put the word out and it looks like there is interest through our state group. I always prefer to see GSDs go to breed knowledgeable homes when they come in as strays and there is zero information to go on. Less chance they bounce back into the shelter (or end up on Craigslist) when the adopter knows what they are getting into.

Now, having said that...this dog really "speaks" to me. If I had the time I would be the one to name him (Owen, in case anyone is interested) and train him (in agility, again in case anyone is interested). But I have zero free time. Between working 60+ hours a week (I teach fourth grade) and being heavily involved with my horses, I have no free time at this point. I can't even foster.
Sheilah
What is known about him

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Owner was located and they have declined to claim him. At least there is a little history now. He said to be good with children (although it is always a good idea to monitor and ALWAYS supervise, regardless). Good with household cats, but will chase outside cats and other small animals.

His behavior with dogs has been indifferent at the shelter, but he may be dog selective.
Sheilah

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
It's sad that the owner refused to claim him. I hope he finds a wonderful home.
It is sad, but at the same time, imagine the treatment he got at home if the owners just decided to let him go knowing where he was. I can’t imagine him being treated all that well (thinking neglect, not abuse) at home if the owners were willing to let him stay at the pound. He’ll probably end up with a much better home than what he was in.

Any update on this guy?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any update on this guy?
Still there. I really wish I could do more for him, but I just don't have the time. There is still the potential of a home in Utah, so we'll see. I can at least get him through the first leg of transport if the Utah home comes through.
Sheilah

1 - 20 of 22 Posts