German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because we now both work during the week and our dogs are crated safely while we are not home, we leave them loose in the house at night, with the baby gate blocking them from going downstairs to snack from the cat box.

They've been very trustworthy and we have never had any issues with them going into the trash, or anything like that. For the most part, they will find a comfortable spot and curl up to sleep. Ronja likes sleeping on the couch and Abby usually sleeps in front of the Monitor heater or on one of the three dog beds in the living room.

Last night, my dear husband was the last person to go to bed, so he let the dogs out, then turned off the lights and came to bed. Around 3 am, he starts hearing a funny sort of sound from the kitchen and gets up to find that the pot roast (a big pork roast) he had placed in the slow cooker to make this morning was now in the center of the kitchen rug, with two dogs and two cats snacking on it. D'oh! He should have known better than to leave something this tempting on the COUNTER where the dogs can get it.

I expect to come home to doggy diarrhea today. Hopefully not. I hope DH has a backup plan for dinner.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
LOL
you know it was a snack for the fur kids

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Haha, I am sitting here imagining seeing two cats and two dogs snacking on this pot roast, I bet they were in heaven! Did they look surprised when they got caught? Mine always has this look that says "I am sorry, I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't help it, it was your fault".

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
the image of them all sharing their "kill" with eachother is hilarious. At least one of the cats did not grab it and run up a cat tree with it.

I laugh because it has been more than once that I have taken some leftover out of the fridge, cut it up and used it as training treats for Mandalay only to have my DH come in the room hours later asking "Where is that (steak, pork, etc) from the fridge that I was going to use to make a sandwich for my lunch with?"

All I say now is "Shoulda been quicker or marked it with your name."

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
oh you shouldve gotten a pic of that

They mustve all planned this, the cats stood on the tall GSD shoulders and grabbed it, it was a planned efffort i bet

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

That's great! I love that they all shared it!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Do you have any theories on which one made the first move?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Originally Posted By: UConnGSD
Do you have any theories on which one made the first move?
pssst Abby, Abby....hey, did you see the roast dad left for us???

Yeah, but are you sure he left that for us Ronja???

Sure....he wouldnt have just left it out.... Hey Finnegan.....can you get up there and check it out?

Sure Ronja, ya know, this may be bad in the morning....we shouldnt let our people eat bad meat. Ya ya, this deffinately may be bad by morning.

Ratchet....go check in the hallway and see if Mom and Dad remembered.......(Ratchet wanders off a minute)

Well I tried to wake them, but they are so cute when they sleep, dont you think?

Well guys and girls, looks like we will have to make a command decision here....I say we save our Mom and Dad and take care of this right now....

·
Registered
475 Posts
That is hilarious!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Did they break the ceramic part of the slow cooker?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Originally Posted By: Historian I'm pretty sure it was Abby. She did spend a suspicious amount of time laying on the kitchen rug last night.
Those GSDs are notorious plotters
Seriously, all those loooong gazes that we get from them where they look like they have zoned out, that's just them hatching ideas about what to do when our guard is down.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Originally Posted By: Historian
Quote:Do you have any theories on which one made the first move?
I'm pretty sure it was Abby. She did spend a suspicious amount of time laying on the kitchen rug last night.
LOL the whole story. Yep it's usually the oldest wisest of the crew who starts something like that.

Morgan likes to get Otto in trouble by digging a small hole and leaving a CUZ in it. Then he gets covered in mud and gets the blame. SHe was doing a good job getting him in trouble until one day she had a brain cramp and started digging when I was outside...

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:Did they break the ceramic part of the slow cooker?
I didn't look at it myself, but DH said that he didn't see any obvious damage when he checked it out. We'll look at it more when we get home.

Now, getting all the blood out of the throw rug will be a challenge. It's a nice rug and I'd like to keep it ... any suggestions? Oxyclean?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts