German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, so I’ve had this dog for at least 1 month and a half now, and I can’t seem to find what it’s breed is. I was told that it’s a German shepherd dog by its previous owner and same thing by the vet. I hope someone could help, Thanks.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
How old is the dog and how much does it weigh? It does not looking at all like a GSD puppy, other than the partial sable coloring. The white is definitely from another breed. I don’t usually recommend DNA testing, but Embark is on sale today. If you can afford it, get it done.

·
Registered
31,797 Posts
Nope. It's a mix. You've had that puppy for 6 weeks??? he only looks no more than 10-12 weeks. Just enjoy your puppy. If you want a shepherd then find a reputable breeder.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Nice pup and good expression. I'd guess high content German Shepherd but the other part is a guess without doing a DNA test.
Agree w/ Tim, you've got a nice looking pup and even if it's only part German Shepherd, it'll probably be the smartest,
most loyal dog you've ever wished for. Heck even if only 50% GSD, they're still great dogs. So don't fret. Have fun!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts