German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been building up my dogs strength in running with a bike. I left around 9 a.m. this morning and then had lunch rested and then I just went back out at 3. I usually go around a few times. The first time I go around, my neighbor pulls in and their dogs is charging the fence at me and my dog. The dog is secured inside so I brush it off like no bog deal so my 3rd time around this car is driving very slowy because I see my neighbors dog( pit bull, btw I have nothing against pit bulls) behind the car roaming around. I turn around no big deal because my house is right there. The dog charges us and I take the bike and try and block her away because she was coming after me at first. I am trying to move my(heavy) bike and my dog goes in front of the bike non-aggresively just to see her and then she gets an agressive posture. She growled then my dog, he growled and then she ran off tail between her legs and all submissive. I am really upset because my dog has never had a problem with dogs and I don't want this to chamge him. He is 2 years old and he was well socialized and corgile with dogs. Do you think this will change him? I need help :( :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Sounds like he was just reacting to the whole situation and did the best he could with all that was going on.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If he's been socialized a lot and he's used to dogs I don't really think that one encounter will ruin how he sees other dogs. Odin has had his fair share of unfriendly dogs approach him and I still have yet to have an aggression problem with him when it comes to meeting dogs. We regularly dogsit and foster without issue. :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I'd be upset too. I don't blame you.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I had an incident with a dog we were fostering he was very well socialized with dogs and the same thing happened to me he was totally attacked but he was pinned down and didn't fight back. I was so upset and worried that it would ruin him but it didn't. I could tell that he was more cautious for the first couple meets again with dogs but after that he was back to his old self of meeting and greeting with licks and kisses.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I think he will be just fine and I agree that he was just reacting to the situation!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
sounds like he was just reacting to the situation. i dont think your dog will have any negative issues as a result.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts