German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am ready to add to my pack. I currently have 2 shepherds and one border collie. This past year I lost two dogs, one was stolen and the other died from cancer.

I would love to get a black shepherd, female would be best. Does anyone know of a rescue or good breeder that has black shepherds?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Black GSD's are the best. :wub:

Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Brightstar (in your signature line) also I think my co-worker saw one from Big dog Big hearts something like that

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
BrightStar, Big Hearts Big Dogs (but they are all-breed, but focus on shepherds), CNY GSD Rescue (dogs are kenneled usually, but they are a good rescue).

You'll just have to bide your time until a black one comes along.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, been looking at all the sites you mentioned. I know the right one will come along, and to be honest I can't wait. Well really I will wait and just thought I would put the word out here so that if anyone see one they could let me know.

·
Registered
32,034 Posts
If you aren't set on a black, then there is a 6 month old LH red and tan in the Non-Urgent section that shouldn't be to far from you.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Isn't Jean's rescue currently fostering a black beauty who is close to perfect named Luka?

I would talk to her, she's on this board as well I believe.

I have been following Luka's story since she started fostering him and I can't believe he isn't in a good home yet, I think Jean secretly tells everyone he's already adopted.. ;) Just kidding!

Here's a link to the "other board" with his story and photo's.

Foster Luka - GermanShepherdHome.net

·
Registered
462 Posts
Oh wow, love the first and last one you posted GSDBESTK9!!!! The first one is so stoic, last one reminds me of a friends dog :wub:

I wish you lived closer, we have a GORGEOUS one in our rescue. He has almost non exsistant tan on his legs but you have to get right up close to see it. He is the neatest dog ever but needs an experienced home. TONS of drive and just has never had anyone give him any direction so he doesn't know what to do with himself :(

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
They are all absolutely gorgeous. I am with everyone else love the black GSDs. Good luck with searching. Blacks seem to be harder to find at least it was in my case. Keep everyone posted!!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again everyone. OK so now I need to make a decision. I love Peaches who is listed under urgent. My concern would be getting her to me, is there anyone that can help with transport? My other is Willow very pretty girl and right in Tully at the GSRCNY I have worked with them in the past, and they are in driving distance. So here is where I get stuck, Peaches is in a shelter, and concidering black dogs get put to sleep the most I kinda would like to pull her. Willow is in a great rescue already and safe. So with that in mind I lean more towards Peaches, but the getting her to me would be a chore. I am going to contact others in rescue and see what I can come up with as far as moving peaches.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts