German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a GSD, I am here to lean more about the breed and breeder research, I found a question about a breeder (Shiraz Farm) I am interested in, I asked in that thread. I live in Northern Virginia and will be living in the Hampton Roads area.

I just retired, but not old. I am building a house, will have enough land and time, my sister has a GSD and I have always thought they are beautiful. I grew up with retrievers, my other sister has Golden Retrievers, I love the Golden but I want a dog that will protect me because I live alone, not something the Golden does well.

I am going to wait until I move into the house,December or January and I don't have the time for a puppy with building and living in two areas, apartment and condo. Housebreaking will be easier when I am in a house and not on the 7th floor of a condo. I feel like buying a dog is like buying a horse, something that takes knowledge and research, I have a horse that I love and show.

I am looking forward to being part of the GSD family and learning what I can here.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Welcome! I give you credit for waiting and planning so well.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Welcome!! and ditto to MaryBeth's compliment. It's refreshing to see someone join and start learning proactively!

Keep us posted on your search for the perfect pup :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think you are smart to wait until you have time. I was able to stay home with my puppy and it made it so much easier. I know people with busy schedules make it work...I'm just saying its easier if you are at home. And its good you are doing research. I think its especially important in determining if a breed is the right fit for you both. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts