German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really, but just the same...

My pup is doing fantastic in puppy class.. and he does fantastice 80% the rest of the time.. but boy.. when he gets going,

Our rountine is for me to get up early enough to walk him before work, this morning, I grabbed the leash, walked out the back door, he took one look at me.. and off he went, full gallop away from me..I would get close, he would bounce off. That little s**t, I used "Heal".. I swear he was laughing..I used "come" which for him means he supposed to run up in front of me and sit.. yeah.. that was going to happen. I used "here" this to him means I want him with in a couple of feet, checking in..not a chance..

His lost.. I went in and watched the news and had another cup of coffee..I am going to beat that dog....

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Funny- we had a similar experience yesterday. Stosh thought sit meant jump on the cable guy, come meant run around the side of the house to go play frisbee.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, sounds just like my puppy somedays! Still gotta love 'em
Yep. gotta love em..if? When you can catch them...:surrender:

Funny- we had a similar experience yesterday. Stosh thought sit meant jump on the cable guy, come meant run around the side of the house to go play frisbee.
So..how did the cable guy handle this :eek:

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
He didn't seem to mind- he said he could tell that Stosh was just a big puppy. He is really furry and was running around like a maniac. Stosh I mean, not the cable guy.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My pup is doing fantastic in puppy class.. and he does fantastice 80% the rest of the time.. but boy.. when he gets going
80%? And your complaining?

My Abby was like 10%. 10% good (sleeping)
and 90% psycho dog. She almost always had that
wild eyed crazed puppy look.

After a while we got to 50/50. Now at almost 6 months
we are getting to that 80/20 point.

Im convinced puppies are made so cute so we dont
strangle them.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Not really, but just the same...

My pup is doing fantastic in puppy class.. and he does fantastice 80% the rest of the time.. but boy.. when he gets going,

Our rountine is for me to get up early enough to walk him before work, this morning, I grabbed the leash, walked out the back door, he took one look at me.. and off he went, full gallop away from me..I would get close, he would bounce off. That little s**t, I used "Heal".. I swear he was laughing..I used "come" which for him means he supposed to run up in front of me and sit.. yeah.. that was going to happen. I used "here" this to him means I want him with in a couple of feet, checking in..not a chance..

His lost.. I went in and watched the news and had another cup of coffee..I am going to beat that dog....

Ha HA!!! The good ol game of catch me if you can!!!

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I think your telling stories on that cute little baby in your avatar! lol

Mine has certainly pulled this one before and he gets SO excited about the thought of you chasing him-he can hardly stand it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Whew! I'm SO relieved to read these posts! I thought it was just me....and Henry. The last time he decided to "run away and chase me" I was dressed for work in my dress and heels chasing him around the yard.....my neighbors must have thought I was NUTS!

·
Registered
664 Posts
lol..I had a shepherd/lab mix who did that with me ALL the time when she was young. It was sooooo frustrating! All a big game to them.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
LOL Wolfie has his moments like this too! When I can't get him to come in, I say " Did I just hear Daddy?" He comes tearing in the house like a nut and races up the stairs looking for Daddy. He falls for it every time! LOL! Hubby says that's mean, but yesterday, I heard him say " Oh Look, it's Mama! " and Wolfie came running in the house. LOL!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another beat the dog moment..

This morning we leashed up, we did all of our on leash commands, 1/4 right, heal, 1/4 turn left heal, back up heal, everything ( except back up heal ) going great. Went to the school. We did all of our commands again on leash, he did fantastic. Put him in a sit and stay, eleased his leash, made him sit for 3 minutes, walked around, released him. Off he went, as he should. We walked out into the field, I called out heal.. yeah..

He nailed me in the calf, took off, he came back, airborned me and got me in the arm, turned and got my back, ripped my jackett.. Wouldnt listen for nothing. Finally I got ahold of his scruff, chewed his but. Leashed him up, healed him.. he walked like a champ.. I good dogged him, told him good heal, and cursed the **** out of him under my breath.. **** dog..

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
yup.... Shasta....

i agree with the "if there werent so darned cute". same thing goes for babies. Hubby always says,"Babies and small animals make it to adulthood because God made it so we cant hurt the cute things.... but we can sure yell at them when they do something stupid!" lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts