German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an urgent plea last night to foster a 6 week old GSD puppy from the rescue I foster for.

I caved!!!

Baaahhhhh, cute baby fluffiness coming my way this afternoon!!! Pictures soon to follow. Get get my house puppy proofed and run my dogs ragged so they don't overwhelm the baby!!!

Nice thing about fostering puppies is that they get adopted quick!!! We won't adopt until they are 8 weeks old, so I will get 2 weeks of puppy love. Hopefully it will cure my puppy fever!!!

I have never had a baby this young. Any advice? Should I still be wetting his/her food? Feed 4x a day? Outside every 2 hours?

Very excited!!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Any advice? Should I still be wetting his/her food? Feed 4x a day? Outside every 2 hours?
Awww, I'm envious!

Yes, still wet his/her food, feed at LEAST 4x day, maybe 6x, and outside after every time he eats, drinks, wakes up or plays.

Enjoy, Mom!

Susan

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Ahh, puppy breath! So jealous!

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My sister and Riordan. My new foster pup. Such a cute and smart little man. ImageUploadedByPG Free1413672695.073666.jpg

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This kid is adorable!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
That dog can have my soul it's so cute, we got ours at 5weeks, like said, outside every time and feed and water as much as possible, we wetted the food, about cereal in milk constancy, a bit of crunch, but mostly mush

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Thank you for rescuing and fostering this baby. Puppy breath is so precious. I am so jealous!

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I've had singleton pups as young as 4 weeks.

At 6, it can eat hard food though I'd still wet it a bit to make it more enticing, and I would only be feeding 3-4 meals. Six is not necessary IMO. Will probably be pottying more often than every 2 hours while its awake at that age.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Your not a sucker, you are a good DooBee dog person. Thanks for the fluffy save.
Wet the food with warm water, maybe a little canned warmed. If you can, feed close to the door going out, lol.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Couldn't help it! One more of the cutie pie. ImageUploadedByPG Free1413843012.005497.jpg

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
omg how cute, is he a liver? maybe the coloring of the photo..whatever he is , he is CUTE

1 - 20 of 33 Posts