German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Akira has EPI, so her food has to be soaked in enzymes and warm water for at least 20 minutes before she can eat it.

I fed all the dogs at 6:30 tonight....it's now 10 after 9 and I just realized why Akira would not stop staring at me.

I forgot to take her dish off the kitchen counter and put it down for her to ear her supper.:eek::help:

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh poor baby! Do not feel bad I think most of us here have done something that makes us feel like bad doggie parents...oops!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You sound like a busy dog mom...but an excellent one that tends to a dog with such dietary demands as EPI.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sound like a busy dog mom...but an excellent one that tends to a dog with such dietary demands as EPI.
The sad part is, I wasn't that busy! :eek: I just flat out forgot and she's so calm and quiet that she didn't make a fuss. If my dinner was left sitting on the counter for 2 1/2 hrs I would make a huge fuss!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Awww.. don't feel too bad. We all make mistakes. What a good girl for patiently waiting.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
its okay!!! it happens!!! she's obviously a good girl for being so patient and not turning into a brat about it. You're not a bad pet mom!!!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Yeah I've done that once or twice when I was feeding Honest Kitchen to my Golden... The food has to be rehydrated for 10 minutes and a couple of times I got distracted and forgot it was sitting on the counter!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
oh don't feel bad,,I've done this to,,Jag, my aussie eats in his crate in the dining room, the other two in the kitchen loose,,I feed the two first, then NORMALLY take jags and put in his crate, he always runs to his crate and waits inside..

Once I totally forgot to feed him, the others are done looking for their after meal cookie, and I'm like "where's jag?" he's IN his crate still waiting for his dinner..

No it wasn't a long time, but the look on his face made me feel terrible, like MOM YOU FORGOT ME!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
What a good girl for waiting so patiently. If I were a dog and my dinner sat for 5 minutes I'd probably eat the cat. haha

I have done this with Sinister by accident. I put food in his bowl and then I have him sit and wait until I snap my fingers or say "ok" to release him so he can eat and I have forgotten before, he just sits there and looks at me and I'm thinking "whats wrong with him?" Then I realize I forgot. OOPS! But he is so good, he just sits there and waits, he doesn't even make a peep.:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts