German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if my dogs would protect the house if someone were to come in that they didn't know...well today, ryder proved it to me...Scared the living sh** outta me...Now keep in mind i have always told my kids if you are bringing people in the house bring them in the front door so the dogs can check them out...well naturally they don't listen...my son brings this guy in to look at a fridge we have in the basement...this guy comes up from the basement and goes to walk in the living room where we all are,,my son left him behind...he goes to walk upto the gate and ryder lunges and just about gets this guys hand...scared the **** outta everyone...made the dude jump back...my sons friend literally caught him b4 he got to this guy...So now i know he will definitely protect us...sophie on the other hand just laid there...by the way she has a new nickname, lazy susan.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
He loves his family!

I had a similar thing happen the other day, I had an AC man here while I was out with Blitz, when we came back home he was upstairs and I forgot he was here so anyway Blitz falls asleep on the kitchen floor a bit later the guy walks into the kitchen to give me an invoice and didn't say anything to me until he was right behind Blitz and he scared the **** our of her....well she's just a pup so no protective instincts there instead she let her anal glands go!! (first time that's happened to her) Smelled LOVELY in here....I guess all the fish oil I give her is really working through her system because my kitchen smelled like month old fish for a few hours!!!!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Wow that have would shocked me too. I have sorry kinda like that, that happend this morning.

It was 7:15 AM the sun is coming up my husband is get his dirt bikes loaded in the back of his step dads truck. (His truck is the shop) Otto has never seen this truck before. I open the door and go out side w/ Otto right by my side. The truck was parked in my drive way. My husband wearing a black hoodie and black hat is sitting with the door open to the drivers side. Otto locks his eyes on him and ran straight up to him doing a "mini bark and hold" Bark and barking his big mean bark hakle straight up! :eek: My husband stood up and said "Hey Otto is me!" Took off his hat and showed Otto his face. He calmed down...... Then started wagging his tail. Wow we started to laugh I'm glad I wasn't a bad guy he said. I know Otto wouldn't ever bite anyone. Just has a scary bark. Still shocked me though. Mr. Protector----> :D

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i would question whether or not your dog
is really a protector. he did lunge at the kid.
was he protecting your family or was he scared and protecting himself???

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would question whether or not your dog
is really a protector. he did lunge at the kid.
was he protecting your family or was he scared and protecting himself???
1. he was a full grown man
2. ryder has never ever set eyes on this guy b4
3. this man came up from my basement, strolling thru my house with no one with him...Ryder didn't know who the **** he was so yea i would say he was protecting himself and his family

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Well I think is maybe a combo of both. :) Doesn't everyone protect there families then their selfs?? Well I at least like to believe so......:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts