German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Fern GSD 5yrs, Chloe the Cat
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before asking “why are you like this?”, the answer is I don’t know.
Fern and I went for a walk and a Golden retriever puppy (45lbs ish) ran up to Fern. A few seconds later Fern was comfortable with it and we hung out with the golden for a few minutes. It then honed in on my treat pouch and tried to steal the snacks. There was a family 50 feet away in the grass. The dad yelled “BENNY CMON. BENNY CUT IT OUT. ARGH!!!” The dog did not even look at him.

After 5 minutes I decided to walk the dog to them. I picked up the leash and walked over. The parents were preoccupied with their toddler. As I got closer the dad said “Cmon Benny! Over here! Come on Benny!” A bit rude considering he’s not making a move to grab his dog. At this point I was 10 feet away and he said “Cmon Benny, HERE”. I was about to wave hello when the toddler ran into the father’s arms. “Yay good job Benny!” Benny was not the dog. the family is staring at me because I’m now just standing there with two dogs on a leash.

I dropped the leash and I jumped away from the golden which made me look extremely suspicious. I picked up the leash again to find the owner but the dog wouldn’t budge!!! I then quickly started to walk away while keeping an eye on the golden. A minute later there was a dude that looked very out of breath that grabbed the dog. The puppy was jumping all over him.

Benny’s family pointed over at me he tried to flag me down and I just booked it. I thought he was going to accuse me for kidnapping or something. It was getting dark so I took evasive action and made it home. I told my mom what happened and she apparently knows the guy from their morning walk.
I shouldn’t have left that dog there but I panicked. I hope I don’t bump into this dude again, I felt so bad for giving him a heart attack. The dog did not have any info on its collar and it seemed to not go past a certain area.The biggest problem is I might want a golden instead.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Growing up, we had a neighbor who got a standard poodle named Baxter. Every once in a while, you could hear one of the kids call Baxter.

One evening we were out playing. Their dad told them to call and dog and come in cause it was getting late. As we were calling, another neighbor, a prime and proper lady, marched up to us and demanded to see our mother. HUH? She started lecturing the mom that she should teach us not to swear or she was going to wash all of our mouths out with soap. HUH?

Turns out the lady thought we were just randomly yelling ******* at each other :(

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Growing up, we had a neighbor who got a standard poodle named Baxter. Every once in a while, you could hear one of the kids call Baxter.

One evening we were out playing. Their dad told them to call and dog and come in cause it was getting late. As we were calling, another neighbor, a prime and proper lady, marched up to us and demanded to see our mother. HUH? She started lecturing the mom that she should teach us not to swear or she was going to wash all of our mouths out with soap. HUH?

Turns out the lady thought we were just randomly yelling *** at each other :(
One day a friend and I found a cat and some kittens. Mother cat was having none of us but the kittens came and played. We took them to my apartment to feed and play a little bit before taking them back. I get a call from my mom later. Apparently some lady called the complex manager and told her we took the kittens and threw them in the pool. 🙄

·
Registered
531 Posts
I once found a cat that appeared to be homeless - it was extremely thin and very enthusiastic about eating the food I bought it. I can’t have another cat (mine hates cats and my husband is already mildly allergic to her), so I kept her overnight and took her to the animal shelter the next day. I later received a call from animal control that the cat was not homeless, just and outdoor cat with a thyroid problem. I was threatened with legal action for stealing the cat because apparently I had unknowingly gotten in the middle of an ongoing tiff with the cats owner and someone else. I explained I didn’t even live in the area and I’d canceled my plans to try and help what appeared to be a starving stray cat and wasn’t bothered again. Except my husband and I never did make it whale watching.

·
Registered
621 Posts

Turns out the lady thought we were just randomly yelling *** at each other :(
Thanks................. now I have coffee ALL OVER my computer! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dogs and cats are legally 'property' and you can get into legal trouble easily so you can be charged with theft by the owner of the animal. This is according to an Animal Control officer.
In this case I would not be too worried. The dog, who got loose and away from it's owner, was not under the control of the owner. Picking up a stray animal, is not illegal in most places. If you take it to a shelter, or have the local animal control officer pick it up, that should resolve any legal issues.

In a case like this, one should always call the local police, and avoid issues. If the owner gets in some legal trouble, so be it. We are meant to keep control of our own pets.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
When I lived in the more central (but still west) part of Toronto I was running home from a first aid course in the north end of the city. For those that know Toronto, as I ran down Bathurst approaching St. Clair (sorta on the west side of Forest Hill, which about says it all, at risk of sounding mean about rich folk), there was a parkette. A dog happily hanging out by itself.

I stop, look at the collar, and call the owner. I say, I found your dog 'WERE YOU IN OUR BACKYARD! WHO ARE YOU! OUR DOG IS IN OUR BACKYARD YOU STOLE OUR DOG' I was very taken aback. Eventually I managed to convince the lady that I had not stolen her dog, was not holding it for ransom, and I just wanted it to get back home safely and not get hit by a car on the busy/main thoroughfare that it was currently on. She showed up in a huff, grabbed the dog after kind of apologizing and I continued my run home shaking my head to myself.

·
Registered
Fern GSD 5yrs, Chloe the Cat
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mild chaos finds its way into my life no matter where I go! Not a dull moment. i took my walk 30 minutes early today to avoid bumping into them. I’m rehearsing what I should say but knowing me I might say something weird. Oh well!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have been begging the universe or whoever is in charge for a Siamese kitten to be put on my doorstep but so far, no luck
I used to have 3 Siamese cats, a lilac point, an oriental lilac and a chocolate point.

Very protective of their owners and property, they would growl at any one that tried to enter the house that was not invited.

If you have a Siamese, you don't need a guard dog. 😂🐈

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
We used to have a Siamese x Tiger Stripe female. She was all Siamese in her personality. Hilarious, crazy cat. She ruled over the dogs, just pestering them. The dogs didn't have an answer to her. She was also very sweet for us and hated visitors. They made her crosseyed with anger. It's been about 25 years ago and we still miss her. Her name was Silly

1 - 20 of 22 Posts