German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nine week old female German Shepherd puppy I have a nine week old female German Shepherd puppy she was laying under my chair I wasn’t paying attention I rolled over her ear and it bled some The tip of her ear She’s OK but I’m not I’m heartbroken I’m worried that her ears won’t stand up one day

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Yeah, accidents happen! Forgive yourself and move on!

·
Registered
316 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I got Dawn in one of my dogs eyes while giving him a bath as a puppy to treat fleas. When he's hot and active his eye gets red. Vision is still perfectly fine but it's easily irritable now. And my shepherd has an eye problem as well, he was chasing a neighbors dog through the fence and I tried to distract him with a stick and he ran right into it, he too has a red eye occasionally now. They're simply accidents, nothing life threatening, in fact probably character building if anything else. You don't want to baby your dog too much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My skyler female 13 weeks

Always spend a lot of time with my GSDis female her name Skyler she’s 13 weeks old well she started I don’t know aggressive or not but like when I tell her no I don’t do that or give her commands she growls and she snaps at me Is that normal? And does anyone else have this problem tonight been good so far

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My 13 week gsd female

Hey y’all my girls ears are standing beautiful but ? She just turned 13 weeks last Saturday she’s been growling at me and my husband and snapping at us when we tell her no are to stop doing that she’s really smart I started training her at 8weeks old but now she’s trying us tonight been ok but it mostly started when my husband lays on the couch she started to growl at him I play with her a lot and go for walks we just got back in anybody else with this problem

·
Super Moderator
5,128 Posts
totally normal. Your pup is trying to figure out her limits and what rules are. When she is "naughty" don't laugh at it because it is cute. Put her in her crate for a nap (tired pups can get nippy)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We get home every day at 5pm then let her out of her crate just today I’m not working anymore but my husband is and I still half to run around and do thangs most of the time she’s ride s with me she loves to ride in the truck but some places don’t allow dogs and I will not leve her in the truck so she’ has to stay home I could be gone 2 hours then I let her out of her crate and she starts Screaming and jumping on me then pees every we’re

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
She's still very much a baby...So, be understanding and kind, but don't ever indulge her when she's acting in a way that's not okay. Wait just a bit, let her calm down a little, then praise her and reward her for that! You are teaching a baby...keep that in mind. But she's also a smart baby with a mind like a steel trap, so keep that in mind as well. Don't baby the puppy, but make reasonable allowances for her youth!

Reactions: ShastinaMama

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Have her sit before opening the crate. And when you do open the crate, have her STILL sitting. If she stands, close the crate again. When you open the crate and she's still sitting down, that's when you allow her to come out of the crate. That way she learns if she sits, she'll be rewarded.

·
Super Moderator
5,128 Posts
We get home every day at 5pm then let her out of her crate just today I’m not working anymore but my husband is and I still half to run around and do thangs most of the time she’s ride s with me she loves to ride in the truck but some places don’t allow dogs and I will not leve her in the truck so she’ has to stay home I could be gone 2 hours then I let her out of her crate and she starts Screaming and jumping on me then pees every we’re

Your pup will learn to be home in her crate. You've gotten good advice for letting her out of the crate. I suggest that before you go out, take her for a bit of a walk or a game of fetch. Not right before you leave to do chores but maybe 15 minutes or so before. If you go play a game and then leave right away to go shopping your pup will start to think games mean you are going out and leaving her alone. If you play for 15 minutes, then put her in her crate for 15 minutes and then go out to shop or run errands, your pup will probably nap until you come home.

Then when you come home, let her out of her crate when she is calm and then take her outside to pee. When she is older she'll be able to handler her pee better. She's may be too excited to hold it right now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If your pup is peeing when you let her out of the crate bring her outside immediately. As soon as I opened the crate I would pick my puppy up and carry him right to where I want him to pee. He learned really quickly this way because he never had a chance for accidents. Best of luck!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts